Among the first things many people do when they buy a new Android is set up their email account. You may have more than one account, maybe you’ve made a new account that you want to add, or perhaps you did not set the email during the initial setup process. Whatever the reason, AOL email Setup on Android is simple and understandable.
Due to the differences in the AOL email setup on various devices such as Android, iOS, and Computer, it may not be obvious where you should go to add your AOL mail settings. Hence, we come up with a post guide on how to set up an AOL email on Android phones.
When we Compiled list of Best Battery life Android Phones You Can Buy in 2020, we told you that there are many custom interfaces when it comes to Android phones, so the procedure for setting your AOL email account isn’t as clear cut as it is on other devices, but the main idea is to get to the Add your account screen from AOL. Not minding how different the software looks, or how the set menus are configured, you’ll eventually end up on this screen. So let’s have a look at how to setup your AOL IMAP and SMTP on your Android phone.
How to Setup AOL Email on Android Phones
AOL Email SMTP Setup
Enter these settings for the outgoing SMTP server, and then tap Next.
- SMTP server: smtp.aol.com
- Port: 587
- Security type: STARTTLS (accept all certificates)
- Check the sign-in tab
- Username: email@example.com (or @love.com, @games.com, etc.)
- Password: Enter your AOL mail password.
- On the Account tab, you can customize the sync frequency and other available options, then tap Next.
- Put in a name you’ll use to identify this account, and the sender’s name, then tap Next to complete the setup.
AOL Email IMAP Setup
To Use your AOL Mail on Gmail App Using IMAP:
But before you continue the settings you must login to your Gmail account else you can’t be allowed to add your AOL email on the App
- Launch the Gmail app on your android in you already have it installed.
- Once the Gmail app opens, Tap the Menu button in the upper left corner, and navigate to the bottom, then, select Settings.
- Tap on Add Account.
- Select Personal (IMAP/POP)
- Enter your AOL email address, and then tap Next.
- Enter your password, and then tap Next. The Gmail app will automatically configure the IMAP incoming server and outgoing server settings.
- On the Account tab, you can customize the sync frequency and other available options, and then tap Next.
- Put in a name you’ll use to identify this account, and the sender’s name, then tap Next to complete the setup process
That’s all, you have successfully added your AOL email on your Android phone.