AOL is widely regarded as the easiest, most secure way to send email to the host of other users. The email the service stores on its servers is highly secured and it is designed to give the best experience. It has millions of subscribers all over the places of its operation. After AOL email sign up you can exchange email securely with people who don’t use AOL. The AOL email account is free, and it offers several reliable and affordable options for connecting to the internet via dial-up.
Aside from AOL mail account services, the company also provides current news from around the world and many tips. So you can get quick update on what happens around the in the moment you visit the site or sign up the account.
How to sign up AOL Email Using AOL.com
Meanwhile, if this is your first time of AOL email sign up, then you have to read up the instructions contain in this article to get AOL Email account free. The email account registration only requires just few information about you in setting up the new AOL email address. It is similar with Gmail and Yahoo Mail account.
Unlike other mailing service that has both premium and free mail account, or where its been categorized that the premium comes with a special feature, Its really not so for AOL email address account because most of the features you get are free.
- Using the Web Browser in your device, go to www.aol.com so that you’ll get to the page where you’ll create the AOL free email account.
- On the homepage are news Feeds and tips, scroll to the right side of the page and click Login/Join
- Scroll Down and click Create an account.
- Now, you’ll have to fill the AOL online sign up form.
- Enter your first and last name
- Enter the AOL mail address name you want to use. It is your permanent username to use whenever you want to access the account.
- Identify your country code and thereafter, fill in your mobile Phone number.
- Identify your birth Month, Day and Year.
- Select your Gender. This is optional.
- Click on Continue in the blue link below after providing these information.
- Verify your phone number on the screen with the code sent to your phone. The code takes few seconds to arrive but in some instances, it may take longer time, like 2 to 3 minutes. If you did get the code after 5 minutes you have to re-send for it.
- If you have received the AOL email verification code, simply enter it on the field provided and click Verify.
You have signed up free AOL email account.
Congrats! You signed up a new AOL account
AOL Email App
Just like Gmail Login app, with AOL App on your mobile phone, you are ready to attend all emails that come to your inbox As you go. As a matter of fact, you can also compose messages and send to your business associates or loved ones.
It’s very simply to download latest version of the AOL email app for android and iPhone. All you have to do is to go to your App store , download and install it in your smartphones. For Android go to Google play store and for iOS go to Apple store.
Features of AOL Mail
AOL Mail has many features, one them is that if you switch from paid to Free AOL plan, there will be no disruption in your service. You’ll still enjoy access your email and other free AOL features as long as you have a connection to the internet.
AOL Mail offers 25MB file size limit for attachments, that’s about about 25GB of storage for new messages, 100GB for old messages and 100GB for sent messages. However you can request additional space which may result to additional cost. As a registered user who now has an account, you can use AOL Mobile App to access the email, contacts, and other features.
Learn More About: The Processes for RCN Email Setup on iPhone
Although not for the account owners alone, the AOL mail offers users the ability to access ads on the main page and also have control over the security setting of the mail.
If your AOL account is inactive for 90 days, it may become deactivated, and any emails send to the account may not be delivered and after 180 days of inactive, the account may be deleted permanently. Once your account is deleted there will be no means to access it again but if it is still in grace period (i.e. from 90 to 180 days) there is a possibility that you can still recover the email account.
Other AOL Email Features
- It Supports POP3, SMTP and IMAP protocols.
- It is Linkable to other email accounts from other service providers (like Gmail and Hotmail).
- AOL website displays ads as you use the email account. Embedded links within emails are automatically disabled and can only be activated by the email user.
- Supports SSL/HTTPS after sign in.
- Full Spam and Virus protection.
- Spell checking.
- Has email unsend capability.
That’s it for now on AOL Email Sign up and its features to the existing and new users. We shall update you if there is a new change on on the method of creating AOL email address account or new features.