There’s no wrong time to change your Aeroplan password. It’s always good to routinely switch your password for security purposes. Furthermore, you don’t know when a security breach will occur or if a hacker has compromised your account without your knowledge.
To ensure your Aeroplan messages and account settings remain private, change your Aeroplan password every few months. Even if you do this, you may sometimes forget your password since it gets changed frequently.
- In a browser: Log in to Aeroplan and click your name.
- Select Account Security
- Change Password.
- Enter a new password and confirm it.
- In iOS, first, access your account
- In the Aeroplan app, select the Settings gear
- Go to Privacy and click on the dashboard then to Your Account.
- Tap Your Account.
In iOS, change the password from Your Account
- Choose Edit Account Info, you’ll see the 3-line menu
- Select Account Security
- Click on Change password.
Here we also explain how to change your Aeroplan password using a browser or an iOS mobile device. It includes tips for selecting a new password.
Change Your Aeroplan Password in a Web Browser
Change your Aeroplan password if you suspect your account has been hacked, want to change your password to something stronger and more difficult to deduce or want your Aeroplan password to be something you can easily remember. When it’s time to change your current password, make the change in your Aeroplan account information screen.
To change the password for your Aeroplan account using a web browser on your computer:
- Click your name (located in the upper-right corner of the screen) to open the account information screen.
- Go to the left panel and select Account Security.
- Go to the how you sign in section and select Change password.
- Sign again and complete a test to prove you’re not a robot.
- Enter a new password in the New password field. As you enter a new password, Aeroplan evaluates it for strength. Click Continue to save.
- Click Continue on the success screen.
Change Your Aeroplan Password in iOS
If you use the Aeroplan app to access your Aeroplan on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, change your password in the app. With the app open to your Aeroplan, select the menu button in the upper-left corner.
- Choose Settings & privacy.
- Select Manage accounts at the top.
- Tap Account Info next to the account for which you want the password changed.
- Select Security Settings.
- You may need to enter your phone password or otherwise authenticate to continue.
- Choose Change password.
- Enter a new password and then tap Continue.
Quick Tips for Creating and Using a New Password
1. Long passwords are harder to crack than short passwords and are harder to remember. Here are a few tips:
2. Aeroplan requires at least eight letters in a password and recommends using special characters such as £~!*%?><% but doesn’t require these.
3. Use two or more numbers or special characters. Add these at the beginning or end of the sentence or phrase or in the middle if you can remember their placement.
4. Use a brief complete sentence you can remember, and leave out the spaces between words.
5. Use the first letter of each word of a longer sentence.
5. Change your password regularly. Every three or six months is a good practice.
7. Keep it relatively simple. If you have to write down your password, you lose a lot of your security.
It is recommended that you change your periodically, they don’t protect you from keyloggers on your computer or people who peek over your shoulder as you type your password. Add two-step verification, run anti-virus software regularly, and be aware of your surroundings when accessing your Aeroplan with a public device.