In the process of using Facebook, you may be worried about how to change the date of birth on Facebook. Note the availability of such an option, but the number of changes is limited by Facebook.
Some Facebook users provide false information about themselves, including their age. This is due to many reasons, for instance, people under the age of 15 cannot register on the site. In some cases, when filling in personal information in your account, errors may be made. To understand how to change the date of birth on Facebook, you need to decide on which device will be used to perform the action.
The process is different for PCs and phones (iPhone and Android). Below we will look at step-by-step instructions that will help you change the date on Facebook.
Before changing the year of birth, please note that if you previously edited the age of more than 18 years, then you may not be able to change it to a lower one.
You can change your date of birth information a limited number of times. If you have recently changed your age, then you will need to wait for 3 months before changing it again, else Facebook will not allow you to edit the date.
There are two methods you can use to change the date of birth on this Facebook; one is using the Facebook app for Android or iPhone, or on a Facebook website with desktop.
How To change the date of birth on Facebook with the App
Before you start the editing, make sure that the device has an Internet connection on your mobile phone
- Launch the Facebook app on your mobile device (the application can be downloaded from the App Store if you have an iOS operating system, or from Google Play if you have Android installed)
- Sign in by entering your password, and then tap login (if you forgot your password, you can restore it using your phone number or e-mail, using the “Forgot your password?” button);
- Open the menu by clicking on the button with the image of three white stripes located in the upper right corner;
- Open your profile page by clicking on your name displayed in the upper right corner;
- Tap on the “Information” button, which is located under the profile, then find the “General information” section and click on the button opposite the “Edit” item; a section “Change the date” will open, where you can change the day, month and year of your birth by clicking on each item;
- Lastly, tap Save settings.
Changing the date of birth on Facebook with Desktop
- Here you should also make sure your computer has an internet connection;
- Launch your preferred browser such as Google Chrome;
- Sign in, that is, enter your password and log in. In the news feed, find your name in the upper left corner;
- Open the “Information” section next to your name, select “Contact and basic information”, which is located in the menu on the left;
- Navigate down the page to the items “Date of birth” or “Year of birth”, the “Edit” button will be located to the right of your age information, correct data by clicking on each item;
- When you finish click Save settings.
You may also read: How to Login Instagram with Facebook
That is it, you will also find the option to hide your date birth by setting it to ONLY ME.