Using websites in your preferred language is key to being able to enjoy and understand them properly. This is even more true for popular social media sites like Facebook. Thankfully, you can change language on Facebook fairly easily either on your phone or computer.
You can look out here how you can easily change the language settings on the two most used social media apps(Facebook and Instagram).
Have you been thinking of how you switch the language on Facebook or Instagram to your language?
The Facebook language setting is one of the simplest things and you just need to follow some steps. but before we proceed fully to the language settings, just take out to tell the at the time you signed up a Facebook account, the company always direct itself and automatically select the language of your country. Facebook also matches dates, time, and numbers to your language region.
There are numerous languages such that you can change your Language and Region settings to see things like buttons, notifications, most text, and tooltips in a different language and format. Facebook offers support for a lot of languages, besides its official language, English. There are other languages like French, Bengali, Japan, Korean, Tamil, Turkish, Spanish, German, Hindi, Arabic, Mandarin Chinese, Portuguese, and more.
How to change language settings on Facebook
- Find and open Facebook app on your phone, tap on the three-lined button at the far top-right.
- Go to Settings and Privacy.
- Press the language and choose your Facebook language. You don’t need to save as Facebook will automatically reload the page as per your language preference. To change back, you can follow the same steps to check out other options.
How to change language settings on Instagram
- Tap Instagram-user-profile or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap in the top right, then tap Instagram-settingsSettings.
- Tap Account then Language.
- Choose the language you’d like to use.
In order to change language on Facebook or Instagram using a computer, you just needs to Facebook.com, the web version of afacebook, and click your profile picture in the top right corner if you are already logged in. Then click Instagram-user-profile and Edit Profile. You will find the Language option at the very bottom of the page and then you can select the language with which you want to use your facebook account. Once you finish, click on Save.
How to Change Language Setting on Facebook With Android or iPhone
- Open the Facebook app and ensure successfully sign in.
- Tap on the bottom right corner to access the menu icon.
- Tap on ‘Settings & Privacy’. A submenu will open and you will select ‘app language’. You can now manually change your language to English.
Just be aware, that in most cases changing your facebook language does not change the language of Facebook’s or Instagram’s user interface, it won’t change the language of the feeds you that you see in your page, nor will it affect the comments on posts.