Application for Chevening OCIS Fellowship Programme in UK 2021 for interested and qualified candidates is ongoing. This is in collaboration with Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS) and Chevening OCIS Fellowship.
The Chevening Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS) Fellowships are geared at mid-career academics or professionals who have a strong passion for promoting academic activities which encourage a more informed understanding of the culture and civilization of Islam and contemporary Muslim societies.
Successful students will benefit from meeting a multi-disciplinary group of scholars focusing on the Islamic world and have the opportunity to develop contacts with relevant individuals, converse on the issues relating to the Islamic world, including Islamic history, classical Islamic sciences, economics, and Islamic finance, and the study of Muslims in the West.
The Chevening OCIS Fellowship Scholarship Programme will cover a six-month period of research at OCIS, Access to a programme of cultural events and activities organized by the FCO and the Chevening Secretariat. Cost of living for the duration of the fellowship, Return economy airfare from home country to the UK, and Allowance for research-related activities.
Requirements for the scholarship
- Applicant must be a citizen of Afghanistan, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Occupied Palestinian Territories, Philippines, Russia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan
- Applicants must demonstrate the potential to rise to a position of leadership and influence
- You should also demonstrate the personal, intellectual and interpersonal attributes reflecting this potential
- Return to country of your citizenship at the end of the period of the fellowship
- Hold a postgraduate level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application
The Scholarship Arrangements
- Host Country: UK
- Institution: No Specified Institution
- Target Country: International Students
- Sponsor: Chevening & OCIS
- Programs: Research Programme
- Scholarship Worth: Not Specified
Interested and qualified candidates are to visit the official website at www.chevening.org/programme/ocis-fellowship. Your proposal should include the main research question and how the applicant intends to conduct this research while in residence at the Centre.
Application closes November 3, 2020