LINE is a free app that allows you to place calls within the app, call regular phones, send text messages, engage in videoconferencing, and a whole lot more. The app itself is free to download and use.
Normally when creating a LINE account, the program will ask users to use a phone number to register. However, there is another little-known way to create a simple, faster LINE account without using a phone number.
Users often feel uncomfortable when using phone numbers to register for software because they do not want to disclose personal information, fear being disturbed, or simply do not like it. This article will guide you on how to create a LINE account without using phone number.
LINE is a 100% free app, so you have to download it directly from the official LINE website. There is no charge to download or install the app.
Features of LINE
Video chat: You can participate in video calls using your webcam for free. The people you call all need to have LINE accounts and the LINE app. Both one-on-one and group video calls are available.
Messaging: You can use LINE to send text messages, instant messages within the LINE app, and create chat rooms for multiple LINE users for fun or business purposes.
Sharing: You can use LINE to send and receive photos, videos, and all sorts of other files.
Calling: You can place free LINE-to-LINE calls using the LINE app anywhere in the world. For this type of free calling, you and the person you call both need to have LINE accounts and the LINE app. It doesn’t matter if they have the app on Windows, Mac, or a mobile device. They are all compatible.
LINE Create Account
Create a LINE account without a phone number
In this section, we will perform instructions on LINE for the Website version, you can do the same for phone or computer versions.
- Access to the screen log in of LINE, here you left-click Create One.
- In the window Create Account, left click and choose to Use your email instead.
- In the new window that appears, create a password for your account and continue to press next.
- You enter your first and last name in the information box and press next to the next step.
- LINE may ask you to Enter the captcha code to verify your registration. After entering the code in the information box, click next to complete the account creation process.
So the registration is completed LINE is completed and you absolutely do not need to use the phone number to register and this is the result of implementation.
Here’s how to download LINE for PC and start the installation process:
- Using the web browser of your choice, navigate to the official LINE download site.
- Click Get LINE for PC.
- Select a download location for the LINE installer, and click Save.
- When the download completes, double-click the file to launch the LINE installer.
- The LINE installer will open. Follow the on-screen prompts, or proceed to the next section for in-depth instructions.
Installing LINE and Creating a LINE Account on PC
Once you’ve downloaded the LINE installer, you’re ready to install the app, create your account, and start calling. If you took a break between the previous section and this one, you’ll need to start by opening your downloads folder and double-clicking on the LINE installer to launch it. After that, you can continue with the installation process.
- Click Install.
- Next, click Let’s go and then click Sign in or create.
- Click Create one!
- Enter your phone number, or click use your email instead to enter an email address, then click Next.
- Enter a password for your account, and click Next.
- Enter your first and last name, and click Next.
- Select your country or region, enter your birth date, and click Next.
- Check your email for a confirmation code, enter it, and then click Next.
- Enter the CAPTCHA characters and click Next.
- Click Upload Photo and choose a profile picture from your computer, or just click Continue if you don’t want a profile picture.
Your LINE account is now set up and ready to use. Continue following the on-screen prompts to verify that your equipment is in working order, or proceed to the next section for in-depth instructions.
How to Find and Add Contacts in LINE on PC
Before you can send and receive calls and chats on LINE, you need to add contacts. If you used your real name and phone number when you set up your account, your contacts will also be able to find you by searching.
Here’s how to add a contact in LINE on Windows:
- Launch the LINE app if it isn’t already running.
- Click Contacts in the upper left corner of the window.
- Click New Contact.
- Type your contact’s LINE username, phone number, email address, or their real name into the Find people field.
- If you see the person you’re looking for, click Add.
- The person will appear in your contacts list.
Adding People in LINE on PC Using Search Button
The search function is the best way to add new contacts to LINE, but it doesn’t work if your contact doesn’t already have an account on LINE. If that’s the case, you can click Invite to LINE to send your contact an email or SMS to request they create a LINE account. If they do, then you can add them as a contact.
You can also save a phone number directly to your LINE contacts. This allows you to call that number using LINE, but you can’t send them messages, video chat, or use other LINE functions as it’s just a phone number.
How to Create LINE Account with LINE App for Mobile
- Go to your phone stores and download the LINE app, it is available on Google Play and App Store for Android and iOS devices respectively.
- Open the LINE app. Click on the “Start Now” link in the top-right corner of the page. This will take you to the “Login and Create an account” page.
- Choose how you will log in. You have three different options when it comes to LINE accounts. Sign up with account and Sign Up with Email. If you are logging in with an existing LINE account or Business account, all you need is your login details for that account and you can start using LINE. If you are creating an account just for LINE, read on.
- Enter the required information. In order to create your LINE account, you will need to enter your first and last name, and email address (which remains private), your country, and your language. Optional information includes your birthday, gender, city, and mobile phone number. If you’re an international traveler, choose the country where you will be using LINE most frequently.
- Indicate how you plan to use LINE. You can select between business and personal use. This information helps LINE determine how people use their services. This is an optional question.
- Come up with a LINE Name. This name is displayed to other users and is one way for people to look you up. This name will be public. Create a strong password. Since LINE will have your friends and family’s contact information, it is important to create a password that is strong yet memorable. If your password is too weak, LINE will not let you use it.
- Enter the CAPTCHA. This tells LINE that the account isn’t being created by an automated program. If you can’t read the CAPTCHA, you can click the Refresh button to get a new one or click the Listen button to hear it read out loud.
- Download and use LINE. Once your account is created, you can download and begin using LINE.
So, this is how you can create a LINE account quickly without using the phone number. During the process of following the instructions to register for a LINE account, if you encounter any difficulties, please leave a comment below the article, we will answer in the latest article.