Fulbright-National Geographic Fellowship Grant is an open opportunity available for students who have passion for storytelling. The Sponsor, National Geographic is interested in a project focused on Oceans and Water as well as in plastics, community coastal and fishery management, and biodiversity. The application for this Fulbright U.S. Student Program is currently ongoing.
Upon successful selection, the Fulbright fellowship pays you transportation costs to and from the host country. Also, funding to cover room, board, and incidental costs, based on the cost of living in the host country. The Fulbright fellowship also takes up other expenses like tuition, research, books, and orientations. In total, the amount awarded for this scholarship is $50,000. There is also accident, sickness, and health benefits.
Requirements For this Scholarship
To apply for the Fulbright U.S. Student Program, the applicant;
- Must be a U.S. citizen and have:
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s degree required by the start of the grant.
- Doctorate Degree holders are ineligible.
- Must be proficient in the host language to carry out the project required.
- Non-U.S. citizens who have legal permanent residency status in the United States are not eligible for any Fulbright grants.
Other Requirements are;
Essay, Interview, Recommendation letter, Nomination, FAFSA by Personal statement, Official Transcript, Storytelling proposal, and storytelling portfolio.
The Scholarship Arrangements
- Country: US
- Institution: Not specified (grant)
- Sponsor: U.S. Department of State and the National Geographic Society
- Scholarship Worth: $50,000
Interested and qualified students are to apply on the website at Fulbright U.S. and submit all the necessary information.
Applicants for this Fulbright-National Geographic must be selected for a Fulbright Study/Research Grant by the eligible country for which they applied and meet the criteria of the Fulbright Study/Research requirements of the host country. Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated experience and talent in storytelling. Candidates must have completed at least an undergraduate degree by the start of the Fulbright award. Finalists will be notified of finalist status in Spring 2020.
Deadline For the Application
Application for this scholarship closes on Tuesday, October 13, 2020