Gen2TV is a high-end entertainment video streaming platform that lets you watch and enjoy a wide range of HD on-demand movies, events, TV shows, live TV channels, and other comparable content. You can install Gen2TV on your FireStick.
FireStick is a device that lets you stream video from Gen2TV, install apps, and play music on your TV. Basically built on the Android platform FireStick changes your standard TV to a Smart TV. You can install other Android apps on your TV and play games and even cast files from your phone too.
Methods to Install Gen2TV on Smart TV Using FireStick
Gen2TV isn’t available on Amazon Appstore. What this means is that to install Gen2TV on your smart TV using FireStick you have to go for some alternative methods such as using Downloader, ES File Explorer App, and transferring Gen2TV app from your phone to FireStick, and screencast.
Method 1# Install Gen2TV on FireStick Using Downloader App
You can download the Downloader app from Amazon Appstore and use it to install other apps that are not pre-install on your FireStick. Once you have the Downloader app installed you can download Gen2TV using the following settings:
1. Select ‘Settings’ from the FireStick home screen.
2. Select ‘My Fire TV’ option.
3. Click on ‘Developer Options’.
4. Choose the ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’.
5. Select the ‘Turn On’ button. Turning this setting allows you to install other apps using the Downloader on FireStick.
1. Open the Downloader app on your FireStick.
3. Then, go to the Browser tab. You will get the URL bar.
4. Click on the URL bar, and you will get the on-screen keyboard.
5. Enter Gen2TV link and click the ‘Go’ button. The Gen2TV Apk file will be downloaded.
6. Tap the Install button to save it on your FireStick.
Method 2# Gen2TV FireStick Download Via ES File Explorer App
1. Turn on your FireStick and ensure you connect to your Wi-Fi.
2. Go to the Search option from the home screen and Search for the ES File Explorer App.
4. From the results, select the ES File Explorer App.
5. Click the Get button to install it.
6. Launch the ES File Explorer App on your FireStick.
To install Gen2TV
1. Go to the Tools section.
2. Under the Download Manager section, click the +New option.
3. In the URL space enter Gen2TV Apk download link.
4. Tap the Download button.
5. After installing the Gen2TV Apk file, click the install button on the installation screen.
6. Open the Gen2TV App and start streaming it.
Method 3# Gen2 TV App Transfer From Android to FireStick
One of the complaints people have is that they already have Gen2TV on their phone or tablet and they want to have it on their FireStick device. You can use Apps2Fire from Google Play to easily send Gen2TV right off your phone to your FireStick. Here is how:
1. First, download and install Apps2Fire from the Google Play store.
2. Launch the app and tap on the menu button in the upper left corner.
3. Within the menu select “Setup” and on the following screen enter the IP address of your Fire device.
4. Once you click Save you’ll have two options for transferring apps. You’ll have the option to transfer uninstalled or installed apps. Tap on the + to install the APK file via the file browser
6. If you already installed Gen2TV on your Android tap on the menu button again and select “Upload Apps.
7. Select Gen2TV by tapping on it and it will transfer automatically.
Once the app is installed on the FireStick, you can now find it because it doesn’t appear in the top-level “Apps” category in the main Fire TV menu. Instead, it is in the Settings -> Applications menu.
1. Select “Manage Installed Applications” to pull up a list of all installed apps.
2. Select Gen2TV by pressing the center button on your Fire TV remote.
3. From the application submenu, select “Launch application.” Gen2TV will launch on your FireStick just like on any Android device.
How to Cast Gen2TV From Phone to FireStick
Casting your Android screen lets you mirror your Android device to the TV so you can enjoy your Gen2TV contents exactly as you see them on your mobile device but on a bigger screen. This method uses a network and it doesn’t need any data but before FireSticks can receive a wireless broadcast from your smartphones, you need to set them up properly.
1. First, connect the FireStick through your phone hotspot.
2. Go to FireTV Stick settings then display & Sounds and select Enable Display mirroring.
3. Go to the wireless display in mobile phone settings.
4. Turn on wifi and click OK.
5. Then. click on FireStick.
6. The screen should now change and your Fire Stick is now ready to receive a wireless casting signal.
How to Watch Gen2TV Videos on FireStick From Your Phone
1. Start playing the video you want to cast to see the controls.
2. Tap the cast button. at the top of the screen.
3. Choose your Fire TV device from the menu options.
4. The video will start playing on Fire TV.
What Happed to Gen2TV
If you can’t install Gen2TV on FireStick from Amazon Appstore it implies it is not approved for use on the FireStick. You’ll need to use Downloader app or ES File Explorer App which allows you to download files from the internet onto your device. You can just enter the Gen2TV URL which directly points to the file, or you can use the built-in web browser to download it from the source websites.
You can also clear the cache to see if it solves the issue.
1. Press the Home button on the TV remote.
2. Choose Settings by scrolling to the right on the Home screen.
3. Click Applications.
4. Select Manage Installed Applications and then choose Gen2TV from the list.
5. Scroll down and click Clear data.
6. Select Clear data again.
7. Scroll down and select Clear cache.
8. Switch off the power to the Fire Stick for 30 seconds.
9. Then, switch it on again and launch Gen2TV.
Gen2TV has one subscription plan for all its customers. It charges $29.99/month. The customers get the maximum enjoyment out of this plan like watching up to 4 devices, no contract subscription, watching NFL Games, and TV Shows. Once you sign up as a new customer, Gen2TV gives you a 48-hour free trial period.
These methods mentioned in this post can be helpful for easy access to get the Gen2TV on Amazon’s FireStick streaming device.