Hiding friend list on Facebook: When you created a Facebook account your Friends list is by default set to public, this is simply to enable people who have a Facebook account to see who you are connected to. There is also a feature that allows you to change your privacy settings so that only your friends or no one at all can see your Friends list. What this means is that you can hide friends on Facebook so that no one will have access to it.
What do you need to do in order to hide your friends? It’s just as simple as changing the privacy of the Friends section from Public to Friends or Only me. You can do this on both your phone and in a web browser. It’s also possible to hide your Friends list from specific people as well, leaving the list visible to all of your other friends. To hide your friends on Facebook do the following:
Hide Friends on Facebook with mobile phone
- Open your prefered mobile browser, log in to your Facebook account, and go to your profile or timeline
- Tap on the Friends section. Your friend’s list will show up.
- Beside Friends is a privacy icon. Tap on it,
- Then change it from Public to Friends or Only me
Hide Friend on Facebook app
It’s just a slight difference, open your Facebook app or the Lite app and log-in to your Facebook account.
- Tap on the vertical three-line icon or collapsed menu icon. It is at the top right corner of the screen,
- Go down to find Settings option, you should see Settings & Privacy tap on it.
- Navigate down a bit and tap on Privacy Settings
- Scroll down a bit further and tap on ‘Who can see your friends list?‘
- Then select your preferred privacy option from Public to Friends or Only me.
So, if you have a Facebook friend who updates his or her status with incredibly uninteresting topics and without limit, there is a method to remove this person’s posts from your News Feed without the dirt associated with unfriending or blocking the person in question.
Also, read: How to unblock Someone On Facebook
You can hide a friend’s updates, which removes them from your News Feed but keeps them on your friends list. They’ll never know they’ve been hidden. And the process is simple to reverse.
Hide posts of a specific friend on Facebook
- Tap the three-dot menu button in the top-right corner of a friend’s post; doing so will open a pop-up menu with different options. which you can choose from.
- If you want to permanently block the friend’s posts from your news feed, you just need to tap “Unfollow from the name of the friend.”
- You can also do this in another way which by snoozing the person’s update. This will last for 30 days. what you need to do when want to snooze your friend post is to select that your friend and tap Snooze.
The above settings allow you to enjoy your privacy on Facebook and you can always do this from the Facebook settings. It can be done with the app or internet browser.