This article explains how to add your GMX.net Email account to Outlook.com quickly, so you can view, send from, and interact with your messages and folders from within the app. Create a dedicated GMX.net Email folder or have your GMX.net Mail arrive in the Outlook inbox.
Sign in to your Outlook.com email account and select Settings > View all Outlook settings > Mail > Sync email > Other email accounts. Enter a display name and your GMX.net email and password, then choose whether you want to create a GMX email folder. To send an email from your GMX.net email address using Outlook.com, select the From drop-down menu and choose your GMX account.
How to Add GMX.net Email to Outlook.com
Follow these steps to set up Outlook.com to access your GMX.net Email inbox.
1. Sign into your Outlook.com email account.
2. Select Settings.
3. Select View all Outlook settings.
4. Select Mail > Sync email.
5. Under Connected accounts, select Other email accounts.
6. In the Display name text box, enter the name you want to show in email messages others receive from you.
7. Enter your GMX.net email address and password.
8. If your GMX.net account uses two-step verification, enter the app password you generated.
9. Choose to either create a new folder for your GMX.net Email or to import your GMX email into your existing Outlook folders.
10. Select OK.
The message import process may take a while if you have a lot of GMX.net Email messages. Because this occurs server to server, you can close your browser and turn off your computer. When the import is finished, your GMX Mail messages should appear on Outlook.com.
Manage Your Linked Email
If you want to make changes to your GMX.net account, go to Settings > View all Outlook settings > Mail > Sync mail. You’ll see your GMX.net account, along with the other email accounts that are set up in Outlook.com, listed in the Manage your connected accounts section. There are options to edit, delete, and refresh the account.
Send a GMX.net email From Outlook.com
To send an email from your GMX.net Email address using Outlook.com, select New message to display the message pane. Select From in the address field and choose your GMX.net email address from the drop-down menu. If you plan to use it frequently, set up your GMX.net Mail address as your default for sending messages.
Forward New Emails From GMX.net to Outlook.com
If you don’t want to import your existing GMX.net email message and folders to Outlook.com, go to your GMX.net account and set up your GMX.net Email account so that messages are forwarded automatically to your Outlook.com account.
When you forward GMX.net email messages to your Outlook.com account, you cannot send messages from your GMX.net email account using Outlook.com.
1. Log in to your GMX.net Email account.
2. Select Settings.
3. Select More Settings.
4. Select Mailboxes.
5. Under Mailbox list, select your GMX.net Email account.
6. Under Forwarding, enter your Outlook.com email address.
7. Select Verify. An email is sent to your Outlook.com email account.
8. In your Outlook.com account, find the verification email from GMX. Click the link and follow the security steps to verify your Outlook.com email address.
Your GMX.net Email account will now forward all new messages received to your Outlook.com account.