You can block any contact on your Whatsapp list if you have reasons to do so. May be you have been looking for means to block some contacts in your mobile devices; here is the rudiments on how to do just that. You will also learn how to unblock WhatsApp contacts if you previously blocked someone without knowing or you feel you want to unlock any person.
Apparently, you have your personal reason for this action. As active Whatsapp users we have been confronted with series of behavior and act that may result to blocking someone on the contact list. It’s common today to see someone on your contacts list who deliberately calls or sends annoying messages all the time or an unknown number chatting you up even when you don’t know or have them on your contact list. These and many other reasons that offend are majorly why people block others.
The Effect When You Block Contact on Whatsapp
When you block contact on your Whatsapp the person stops sending you messages and both of you can’t chat again except you unblock the person. Whatsapp is no longer what it used to be in the past few years. Every user of the social network can easily tell the new features introduced to the platform. If you don’t know much of it, you know of Whatsapp status. This new feature allows you to upload photos and short videos. Upon Blocking someone on your Whatsapp both of you will no longer view each other’s status. No common link will exist between you and the person you blocked.
It is therefore important to bear in mind that once you block someone on WhatsApp you will no longer receive messages, status updates or calls from them
Reversing to the main heading of this article, there are different methods which one can use to block contact on WhatsApp which depends on your phone. Therefore, if you are using Android, iPhone or Window phone, it will be needful you read up.
To this, blocking someone on WhatsApp will be discussed in two phases, which is blocking known contacts and unknown contacts.
How to Block Contact on Whatsapp
- Locate and open WhatsApp in your Android phone
- Tap on the three dots and tap Settings
- Click on Account
- Then, Tap on Privacy
- You will see the gear icon on top right of the screen, tap on it and select the contact
- Tap on the name.
- Navigate down and tap Blocked Contacts
Using iPhone To Block Someone
- Locate and open WhatsApp
- Tap settings and select Account
- Tap on Privacy
- Then, Tap Blocked and tap Add New.
- Select from your contact list the person you want to block
- After selecting the person, then tap block and the contact will be blocked immediately.
Unblocking Whatsapp Contact
- To unblock someone on Whatsapp you have to open your Whatsapp
- Tap on the three gear button
- Scroll down and tap on Settings and select Account
- Click on Privacy and scroll down, you will see Blocked Contacts
- Tap on the name or phone number of the person and tap unblock
Blocking Contact on Whatsapp saves you from unwanted and regulated chat from people. It’s your private life and you have the right to regulate your interaction with different folks on social media. The instruction we explained above work on all smartphones that uses Whatsapp, iOS, Android, Blackberry and Windows.