Is your Uber Eats SMS verification not working? There are reasons and fixes for the error. The Uber Eats SMS verification is meant to confirm that you are the real owner of your Uber Eats account. it is also a way to know that you can receive texts.
These SMS verifications are important in that, they help let you know of login activities to your account. They also help send you codes whenever you are logging in to Uber Eats. This is especially the case if you are using a different device to log in to your account. In fact, the Uber Eats SMS verification code is meant to send you codes and keep your account secure.
This means that another person using the same number cannot access your account. They will have to prove ownership by first of all getting the code sent to their phone.
It is not unlikely that someone will have a similar number to yours. The other alternative would have been using an email account. The major idea behind the Uber Eats SMS is to verify account ownership.
Why Uber Eats SMS Verification is Not Working
The most major reason is the Uber Eats server error, It may prevent you from getting Uber Eats SMS. It is caused by a failure in connection to the Uber Eats servers.
One other reason for Uber Eats SMS verification not working could be that your phone device is preventing the text may be because of blacklisting. Some people with similar problems have confirmed finding their Uber Eats number on their blacklist even though they don’t remember adding it to the blacklist. Taking the number off the blacklist should solve the Uber Eats SMS verification not working problem.
In the above cases, the error is from both Uber Eats and the user. Also, Uber Eats servers may be down at some time or under maintenance. The user may also have a slow internet connection. You may also have the Uber Eats app that is not up to date and should be updated.
It may be that your phone has a full inbox and needs you to delete some messages. There will be other reasons that we will discuss later on in this analysis.
How to Fix Uber Eats Verification SMS Not Working Error
These are several issues why Uber Eats SMS verification is not working (why you are not receiving a login code).
To solve this, try to log out of your account and log back in. You should now receive an SMS verification message. However, if this doesn’t work, open the messaging app on your device and then follow use the next method below.
You can try uninstalling and reinstalling your Authenticator app to see if it works. Disable two-step verification before you uninstall the app to avoid being locked out of your account, and then re-enable two-step verification once the app is installed. Check the date and time on your device, sync the time if it is not correct by going to the Setting on your two-step app.
Ensure that whenever you change your network provider or mobile device, you update Uber Eats’s settings. To update the settings, follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Go to Uber Eats’s login page.
2. Log in to your account.
3. Now, Uber Eats will require a CODE to log in.
4. Enter the backup code and follow the on-screen instructions to log in to your account
Another reason your Uber Eats SMS will not work is that your mobile device is in airplane mode; thus, you would be required to turn it off. You can follow the steps below to generate a confirmation code on Uber Eats iOS and Uber Eats Android.
1. Go to your phone settings.
2. Click on Profile and select Settings &Privacy for Uber Eats on iOS.
3. Click on the navigation menu and select ‘Settings and Privacy’ for Uber Eats on Android.
4. Tap on Account and then tap on Security.
5. Now tap on the login code generator, and the system will generate the code to log in to your account.
Meanwhile, forcing Uber Eats to send you an SMS code by submitting your phone number many times only will make it worse. If this is you, then calm down and wait for a day or so to try again.
How to Bypass Uber Eats Verification
If you can’t receive the Uber Eats SMS verification because you have changed your registered phone number, then the next thing to do is to bypass Uber Eats phone verification and get access through another means.
For you to bypass Uber Eats SMS verification, you should sign in using another device. It could be another phone/PC, mobile browser, or laptop Once you log in on the device, deactivate Uber Eats phone verification from the settings.
Another way to bypass Uber Eats SMS verification is to use a virtual number. We recommend avoiding these public phone services, google voice, and burner numbers as they are being used many times for verification which can get you banned. I recommend using a private number for Uber Eats SMS verification.
You could always log in with your Uber Eats account. However, here I will suppose that you already had chosen the phone number as the method. A virtual phone number will do. Remember, if you do this many times, Uber Eats will ban you from their platform.
How to Get a Verification Code for Uber Eats
1. Select log in with your phone number to get an SMS to your phone.
2. You first of all need to create an account on Uber Eats.
3. Instead of selecting log in with email, you select to log in with your phone.
Your phone must be on and still have space in the inbox to receive messages.
4. Remember to keep your device online so that Uber Eats is still live. Once that is done, enter the code on Uber Eats.
5. Uber Eats will tell you not to share the code with anyone. That means you have to keep the code safe, by not sharing it with nobody. The Uber Eats verification code is not permanent. It keeps on changing every time you log in, especially from a different device. If you were to delete your cache files from the browser, you will have to sign in afresh. Sometimes that is the way to fix the Uber Eats SMS error.
6. Enter the code on the space provided and click verify.
7. If you linked your Uber Eats account to your phone number, you can use SMS verification to verify your account. sign in to your account and go to the Verify Identity tab and click send CODE via SMS. Uber Eats will send a verification code to your phone. If the expires and did receive the code, you need to re-send the request.
How to Avoid Uber Eats SMS Verification Error
There are some things that you are doing wrong if your Uber Eats SMS verification is not working. These are the reasons from your end that prevent you from getting code from Uber Eats. The knowledge of these errors will also help you to fix the errors.
1. You may have a full inbox and need to delete some messages.
2. Your Authenticator time is not correct. You need to sync it.
3. Your IP address changes all the time or your network is not connecting
4. Authenticator app outdated. You need to update it.
5. You sign in to Uber Eats from other people’s phones. Just use yours only.
6. Airplane mode may be on, on your phone. Confirm that it is off.
Uber Eats not only reads your number but also your device. If you keep on using different devices, you make Uber Eats think that you are not legitimate. You may not always have the knowledge to fix these issues but at least, you can avoid them.
There will always error on an online platform. This is why you should think that Uber Eats is not giving you what you expect because your SMS verification is not working. It can happen on any other site. Also, know that it is used in many countries worldwide. There will be errors expected and your side is just to ensure that you follow the method we have explained above before you can contact Uber Eats support.