Td Ameritrade is an exchange platform where people trade and store various types of stocks and cryptocurrencies. Td Ameritrade site allows you to place a limit order and cancel it if you want to edit the order. While you can log in to the website to check or cancel your order and transaction history, you can also do this on the mobile app.
Td Ameritrade limit and sell order history is a record of your order placements of filled or unfilled orders within a given period. It is a section on Td Ameritrade that shows all order details including the transaction time, symbol, quantity, price, and order type. You can view your history for buy or & sell limits.
On this page, you’ll learn how to check your transaction or cancel your limit order on Td Ameritrade. You’ll also learn how to download your transaction history so that you can import and save it in your personal file. Before you cancel your limit order you should be able to find the order in the trading section of your dashboard.
How to check Td Ameritrade transaction history
The truth is that you cannot delete a limit/sell order or transaction history on Td Ameritrade but you can cancel unfilled orders. This is due to financial reporting regulations which obliged Td Ameritrade to keep an online history of your transactions. Here we start with how to check your transactions:
Td Ameritrade App:
To see the transaction history for a specific cryptocurrency on the Td Ameritrade mobile app, this is what you need to do:
- Open the Td Ameritrade app on your phone.
- Log in to your account if you haven’t already.
- Scroll to the “Orders” menu displayed on your screen.
- Tap to see all the transaction history for the month. You can filter it to a specific period.
If you want to know about a particular Td Ameritrade transaction, tap on the coin or fiat, this will take you to the details page of that transaction. Here you will be able to see the total amount you bought, the coin, confirmations, the fee, the date of transaction, the status, and more.
Td Ameritrade website:
- Go to the Td Ameritrade website
- Log in to your account.
- Tap on the “Accounts” tab on the top menu.
- Click on the “Orders” tab in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Select between “Open” and “Filled” orders.
How to download Td Ameritrade transaction history
Td Ameritrade also allows you to download your transaction history on your phone or PC.
To download your transaction history:
- Visit the Td Ameritrade website.
- Log in to your account.
- Go to “Order” on the down menu. This will take you to the “Transaction history” page.
- Next to “Transaction history (all-time),” click on the “Generate report” button.
- Select between “CSV report” and “PDF report.”
- Select the “Generate report” button again.
- Click “Download”.
This will take a few seconds to generate and download the transaction history to your device.
How to cancel limit order on Td Ameritrade
Your Td Ameritrade open orders are on the “Open Orders” page in the section of the trading dashboard.
Note: Td Ameritrade limit order cannot be edited once it has been placed or filled. If you would like to set new order parameters, you must cancel your open order by visiting the open orders page.
- Log in to your Td Ameritrade account.
- Visit the Open Orders page.
- Click the “Cancel Order” button or, if you want to cancel all open orders, click the Cancel all orders button above your listed orders.
Difference between Td Ameritrade open and filled order
An open limit order on Td Ameritrade is an order that has been placed on the market but has yet to be filled while Filled orders are orders that have been purchased.
Another difference is that an open limit order can be modified while a filled order cannot be modified or edited.