Some Facebook users think that their sent friend request can’t be canceled, but that’s not true. There are ways in which you can withdraw or delete a request that you don’t want to be accepted on your Facebook account. It is very simple. You can do it right there when you are still the page, but when you sent the friend request a few days back, you’ll need to go further with the steps I explained below.
There are several reasons you may want to cancel the friend request. Mine when I learned how to delete my friend request was the day I discovered that the person I sent a request is a non-existent person. You too may have your reasons. So let’s dive into the whole process.
To cancel a friend request you sent to others
There are two simple ways to cancel a friend request on Facebook. First is by canceling it immediately, and the second step takes a longer process.
- To cancel a friend request that you sent to others on Facebook, log in to your account on the Facebook,
- Navigate to your sent friend requests or search for the person you sent the friend request by using the search button.
- Tap on the person’s profile, you’ll see a “Cancel” button, tap on it, and the request will be canceled immediately.
- How to Find and Recover your Facebook Account without ID
- How Dating Groups on Facebook can Link You to Potential Singles
- Facebook.com Login – How to Stop Your Account From Being Banned
How to delete a Facebook friend request
When you want to delete a Facebook friend request, you need not go much longer because once you log in to your Facebook account, the first thing you see is the news feed and list of people that sent a friend request.
In the above case, there will be a button for you to accept or delete the request. Simply, tap on the “Delete request” and the person’s request shall be removed from that point.