In this post, we will teach you how to change a password on your AOL email account. You can do this on your phone, desktop, and iPhone. If you’ve forgotten your password, We’ve got you covered, with everything you need to know about changing or resetting your AOL password.
Most times we run into password problems while trying to access important information. AOL Email is one of the widely used Mail, and is Security-conscious and always maintains the privacy of its users. So when you forget your AOL password, it may be as a result of wrong login details or that the account has been compromised. Most time the solution is to change AOL password of that account.
It is also in response to the many recent hacks that we have witnessed for a long now that it is more important than ever to have strong passwords not only for your AOL Mail but also for other accounts you have online. Ignoring to properly protect your email can lead to your info being accessed by strangers including your banking details, credit card info, and Social Security number.
With online fraud becoming more common and our institutions being caught unaware, it is more important than ever to know your passwords and change them on a regular basis.
Alright, nothing has gone bad with the account, you’ll want to change your AOL password and gain access to your account as quickly as possible.
AOL has a few different ways to confirm your identity and recover your password. Fortunately, they’re all laid out in this post that will walk you through step-by-step instructions on how to change your password on AOL.
Beginning with the password recovery process is pretty easy: just log in to your account with your AOL username and password.
We lately taught you how to create an AOL email account to take advantage of AOL webmail and stay updated. If you already have an AOL account, it’s a great idea to change the password of the account too, to make sure you’re safe at any time. It’s a good idea to update your passwords at least once a month.
1. How to Change AOL Password on any Device
- Getting started, locate and Open a web browser of your choice and sign in to AOL with your AOL username or phone number and your current password.
- Click on your name or the image placeholder on your right corner on the page
- On the next page click on Account Security.
- Then go to the next stage
- Then select Change password.
- Now, create a new password inbox
- Confirm the new password then select Continue
- Click on Save Changes
Make sure you create a strong password mixing different characters. You may look up how to create strong.
2. Changing AOL Password on iOS Devices
Open AOL App, make you are logged in.
Tap on Select the Settings gear so as to bring out other options.
- Then tap on “Mail > then > Contacts > Calendars.”
- Tap on “AOL” and select your email address.
- Afterward, tap on “Password” tab
- Enter your new AOL password in the box and confirm it
- Tap on Save the changes
Don’t share your password with anybody before and after you change your AOL email password to secure it from hackers.
If you need an email that you can create without a phone number, read our post on the 15 Free Emails that don’t Require Phone Number Verification.