IRS Stimulus Payment is a Financial arrangement by the US aimed at helping US residents during this Covid-19 Pandemic. The payment kicked off on April 11 and millions of US residents have received theirs. If you are getting your own financial aid from the government you can check your IRS stimulus payment status using Get My Payment check portal.
The Get My Payment check portal is currently congested and having issues because of the number of persons trying to check their IRS stimulus payment status. But before you check your payment status on the IRS portal you must have Set up your payment in the same Get My Payment site upon satisfying the requirement.
If you want the IRS to transfer your stimulus payment into your bank account instead of mailing it to you to set up a direct deposit if you qualify for a check. Those who meet the requirement are already getting their payment as the government has started the relief payment.
How to Check IRS Stimulus Payment Status
- Using your desktop or Mobile phone, Go to IRS.gov/Coronavirus, and then click on the tab that reads “Check your payment status.”
- Click “Get My Payment” or “Enter Payment Info Here” and wait for some minutes for the page to load properly.
- Once the next page loads, enter your Social Security number, birth date, and address.
- From there you should be taken to the screen that shows the status of your payment.
How to set up payment through the IRS portal
In order to receive your Stimulus Payment directly paid into your account, you are to Set it up. If you want it into your bank account, it will be mailed once you filled your tax return. Direct deposit is quicker than Mail because to withdraw the money you need to go to your bank.
You can have the government send the money to other payment services, like Cash app or a PayPal account.
To Set up your Stimulus Payment, you should go IRS portal, Get My Payment, which you can also use to check your IRS stimulus payment status. It’s true that some US residents are having trouble keeping in check their payments and signing up for the direct deposit.
- Just as I mentioned above, to begin with, Get My Payment portal, you may need your 2019 tax return if you’ve filed, as well as your 2018 return.
- Go to the IRS’ Get My Payment page and tap the blue Get My Payment tab to set up a direct deposit to your account.
- Once the next page loads tap OK.
- On Get My Payment page, type in your Social Security number (SSN) or individual tax ID (ITIN), your date of birth, your street address and your ZIP or postal code.
If the IRS has your direct deposit information, you’ll see a page giving you the status of your payment. If it doesn’t and you are qualified for a check, you can enter your bank account’s routing number and account number.
How to get your Routing Number
Banking app: If your bank has an app, it may show you your account and routing numbers. In the Bank of America’s BofA app, for example, tap the account you want to use and then scroll to the bottom of the app window to see your clearly labeled account and routing numbers.
Printed check: At the bottom of your check you most likely will see three sets of numbers: The first set of nine numbers is your routing number. The second set of 8 to 12 numbers is your account number. The third set — which you don’t use to set up direct deposit — is the check number.
It’s not too late to include your banking information with your tax returns if you haven’t filed yet.
This post was first written by CNET If there’s any other update about the IRS Stimulus payment status we’ll let you know as soon as possible.