You can check your JCPenney credit card balance online, via mobile app, or by phone but the easiest ways to check your JCPenney credit card balance are online and through the mobile app. Either of these methods will allow you to see the most up-to-date credit card balance when you check. JCPenney has mobile apps which make checking your balance easier and handy with your phone.
How to Check JCPenney Credit Card Balance Online
1. Log on to JCPenney’s official internet banking page.
2. Click “Online Banking Login” then enter your User ID and Password.
3. Tap “Account Information” from the “Navigate” panel.
4. Click My Statement of Account from the Account Information list.
5. Select the Account Number and Year from the drop-down list.
6. Choose the Statement Date then click “View”.
7. View the Statement of Account or Negotiated Checks tab.
8. Click the save icon to download your credit card statement or the Print icon to print the document.
How to Check Your Balance on The Mobile App
Checking your balance with the app is similar to checking it online, and it’s just as easy.
1. Just search for JCPenney in your phone’s app store and download the official app.
2. The app is free. You can download the app if you don’t have it already.
3. Login with your credentials. You should be able to do most things on the app that you can do on the website.
4. Click the “Balance” option.
How to Check JCPenney Credit Card Balance Via SMS
To check your credit card balance over the phone:
1. Call the customer service number on the back of your credit card.
2. You’ll likely be asked to enter your card number and/or other personal information to verify your identity. Keep your information handy.
3. Provide the information as will be required by the JCPenney official representative.
JCPenney also has an automated number for checking balances, so listen to the options menu and follow the prompts to check your latest balance.
Before you can check your balance ensure have activated your credit card if you have not done so. JCPenney card is easy to activate. You can go to the bank, call the number on the back of the card or go to the website listed on the activation sticker attached to the card. JCPenney credit card activation typically requires the credit card number, the security code (CVV), or both.
You also need your Social Security number including the card number, expiration date, and security code. You don’t need your username and password to activate your JCPenney credit card online. But having an account can make the process easier because you won’t have to enter extra personal information to verify your identity.
How to Activate JCPenney Credit Card
JCPenney credit card activation is quick and easy. Plus, the steps are the same for credit cards and debit cards. Here is how to activate your JCPenney credit so you can check your balance online.
1. Using your preferred browser, visit the JCPenney credit card activation page.
2. Log in to your account or choose.
3. Enter your birth date, the last 4 digits of your SSN, your 16-digit card number, and the card’s expiration date. (Only needed if you don’t log in).
4. Enter the 3-digit security code from the back of the card.
5. Click “Continue” to activate your credit card.
You can use the credit card immediately after activation. For security reasons, you cannot make any transactions with the card before activating it. Activation ensures that someone doesn’t steal the card out of the mail and use it.
It’s important to remember that JCPenney credit card may require other information to verify your identity when you activate the card. Once you’ve activated your credit card, you can use it immediately.
It’s recommended you check your JCPenney credit card balance frequently. This can help you to identify fraudulent charges and errors on your account. You can also monitor your balance to make sure you are not spending too much of your available credit. Much spending can render your credit score low, which can cause you not to get a credit card approval next time.