eBay is an online shopping app, it is available for Android and iOS. The app collects cache to quickly load frequently visited pages, home search feeds, and other information in the app.
The cache is a collection of small files that eBay stores to improve user experience on mobile.
To prevent high data usage and load the home feed quickly, eBay stores cache files on the phone. The next time you launch eBay, the app doesn’t need to connect to the company servers to get the latest data; it can load the content from the cache.
Sometimes the app collects corrupt cache data and leaves you with issues like the app not working, notifications not showing, and more. You should clear the eBay cache on Android and iPhone. Here’s how.
You can check how much cache eBay has collected on Android and iOS. At times, eBay power users gather cache in hundreds of MBs.
Clearing the app cache helps free up storage on your phone. It’s an effective way to free up your phone’s internal memory without deleting apps.
What Happens When You Clear Cache?
When you clear eBay cache, the app loads every content from scratch, which may slow your experience for the first few days. After the app recollects the cache, you will notice speed improvements in the app
eBay also uses a cache to store your search history. If you don’t have any storage vows or notice any issues with the mobile app, there is no need to clear the app cache.
Now that you know what eBay cache does, use the steps below to clear it on iOS and Android.
How to Clear eBay Cache on Android and iPhone
Clearing on Android
Unlike iOS, you can check the eBay cache from the app info menu on Android. Go through the steps below.
1. Locate the eBay app icon on the home screen or the app drawer menu.
2. Press and hold the app and tap on the info.
3. Open Storage from the app info menu.
4. Select the clear cache button.
You can access the same from the device settings menu.
1. Open Settings on your Android phone.
2. Scroll to the Apps menu.
3. Locate eBay from the list or use the search bar at the top to find the app.
4. It will open the app info menu.
5. Go to Storage and clear the cache from the following menu.
You can check eBay cache data on your iPhone but can’t clear it individually. You must reinstall the app and start again.
Before we show you how to reinstall on your iPhone, you should first check whether the app collected cache. That way, you have a rough idea of how much space you can free up after clearing the eBay cache.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. Go to the General menu.
3. Select iPhone Storage.
4. Scroll to eBay and check documents & data (cache) storage from the following menu. You’ll get two options.
It will simply delete the app without affecting collected documents & data (cache) on iPhone.
You are back to square one when you reinstall the app. This will delete the app and all related data from the iPhone.
5. Select Delete App and confirm your decision.
6. Go back to the home screen and open the App Store.
7. Search for eBay and install the app again.
8. Open it and log in with your account details, and you are good to go. You can use the same trick for any iOS app to free up internal storage on your iPhone.
Clearing the eBay cache removes your login information and other temporary files. It doesn’t affect your messages, photos, stories, or personal information. Your data is safe on eBay servers.
When you start again, you can simply sign in to your account and get everything back. You may notice slow loading times and high data usage.
While the cache is a boon for power users, it can lead to storage concerns and performance issues. Go through the steps above and clear the eBay cache on Android and iPhone.