Do you have any reason for which you would want to close Cash App account and unsubscribe from its services? If your answer is yes, then, This article will help you to do that using either of the method explained here. You can permanently delete your Cash App account via Cash App website or your mobile phone.
Whatever method you decide to use has its common procedures which you must follow to successfully close the Cash App account and unsubscribe from its services. If you choose to use mobile, then there will be slight variation in the procedures, depending on whether your phone is iPhone or Android.
However, before you take on to closing the account; you should make sure you withdraw out all the money you have in the account. I believe you all know how to withdraw from Cash app, but if you don’t know it, here is step-by-step guide.
How To Withdraw Money from Cash App
There are two methods of closing the account which are straight forward when you follow the instructions below:
- By using the App
- By Using The Website.
Here is how you go to cancel the account
- Open the app and tap on ‘Cash & BTC’
- Then, tap on ‘Cash Out’ option
- Enter your complete account balance
- Tap on ‘Instant’ or ‘Standard’
- Select your bank
- Now log into your account with the right online banking information
- Choose an account which you want to transfer the money to
- Once you finish tap on ‘Done’
How Close Cash App account on Android Phones
- First, you have to visit the official page using this URL address, squ.re/cashhelp. This method will help to link you with Cash App agents where your account will be deleted at your stipulations.
- The next thing is to enter the email address or phone number with which you signed up the Cash App account.
- Then, tap on ‘Request Sign in Code’. You will receive a code either on your phone or mail box depending on the option you choose.
- Copy out and enter the code on the space that will be provided and tap ‘Sign-In’.
- Confirm your identity and pause a bit for the customer’s agents to give you option to choose, ‘Debit Card’ or ‘Cash Card’.
- Choose one of options that are in line with what you are doing and enter the card number.
- Choose only select Cash Card if Square/Cash App gave you one option, If you have never asked for one, don’t bother.
- At this stage you will see where to use and send message to Cash App’s customer support team. Enter your Full name, email address and phone number, and indicating to them in the message that you want to delete your Cash App account.Ensure the message contains your name in full, email address, and phone number.
- Afterward, the Customer’s support agents will reply your message, identifying such other information which they may need to permanently delete your Cash App account.
How to Close Cash App Account on iPhone
Just like I mentioned above, there are slight differences on the steps between Android and iOS devices (iPhone) although the end result will still be same.
- Locate and Open Cash App on your iPhone. But before you continue to delete the account make sure you cash out your remaining balance by following the steps I first treated above.
- Once cash out your money, tap on the image-like. You will find it at the top right corner of the screen. Doing so will bring out list of menu in the account.
- Look at the menu toward the bottom of the page you will see “Cash Support” and tap on it.
- Navigate down and tap on ‘Something Else’
- Look at the ‘Cash Support’ options. You will find it as the last option on the first page. Once you click on it you would be taken to Cash App Support website page.
- Then, from the Cash App support page, tap on ‘Account Settings’. I will be the last option.
- Now you are near to deleting the Cash App account, tap on ‘Close my Cash App account’. It is one the submenu in the ‘Account Settings’ option.
- Finally, tap on ‘Confirm Closing Account’. This is to ensure that you actually mean to delete Cash App account. The Cash App will automatically log you out after the confirmation. Soon as that operation you will receive message either through your phone number or mail box, showing that your Cash App account has been deleted.
Closing Cash App Account on the Website
To delete your account on Cash App website follow the instructions I explained in how to delete the account Android, there is no difference. Just visit the website through this URL, squ.re/cashhelp
Always keep Your credit card password secret to avoid hackers from stealing your details.