Whatsapp, owned by Mark Zuckerberg, is one the most used messenger app because of its unique messaging feature, which allows users to send encrypted messages to friends, business associates, customers, and family members. Many think it is not possible to create a Whatsapp account without a Phone Number while it is much possible by using different methods as provided below.
You also cannot create multiple Whatsapp accounts using the same phone number. But! There are some tricks on how to complete Whatsapp account registration without a phone number.
How to Create Whatsapp Account Without Phone Number
Like WhatsApp, Google Voice, and other messaging services, Whatsapp also asks for a phone number when you try to sign up for its services.
While this helps in preventing spam and fraudulent accounts from being created, it also causes inconvenience to genuine users who may not want to provide their phone number for security reasons.
Also, there are users who may want to use Whatsapp on a spare Android or iPhone without a phone number. Hence, we are providing below various methods to Get Whatsapp Without a Phone Number.
It is also worth mentioning that Whatsapp provides the option to hide your Phone Number and use a Username, instead of using your Phone Number during Chats.
Creating Whatsapp Account Using TextNow App
The easiest way to create Whatsapp Account without using your primary phone number is by using an App called TextNow.
TextNow provides its users with the free US or Canada-based phone number, which can be used to verify your Whatsapp Account.
1. Download TextNow App. TextNow App can be downloaded from Google Play Store on Android Phone and from the App Store on iPhone.
You can also download the TextNow App from Windows Store on your PC and from the App Store on your Mac.
2. Setup TextNow App & Note down Number. After downloading TextNow, open the App and follow the onscreen instructions to set up TextNow.
During the Setup process, TextNow will prompt you to select your Free Number. Make sure that you Note down your free TextNow Phone Number, as you will need this to enter into Whatsapp. Select Free TextNow Number
If you forget to write down the Phone Number, open TextNow App on your phone and tap on the 3-line icon to see your TextNow Phone Number. If you are on a Windows computer or Mac, open TextNow and navigate to the People tab to see your TextNow Phone Number.
Now that you have a Phone Number, you are ready to verify your TextNow Account using TextNow Phone Number.
3. Download Whatsapp App. Download Whatsapp App from Google Play Store on your Android Phone or from the App Store on your iPhone.
Once the App is downloaded, open the Whatsapp app and tap on Start Messaging.
4. Get Whatsapp Verification code. On the next screen, select the same Country as TextNow Phone Number, Enter your TextNow Phone Number, and tap on Next. Enter Phone Number in Whatsapp App
Whatsapp will now send a verification code to your TextNow Phone Number.
5. Verify Whatsapp Using TextNow Number. Open TextNow App and you should see a verification code from Whatsapp.
If you do not see the Verification code, wait for Whatsapp to call your TextNow number. Once Whatsapp calls your TextNow Number, open the TextNow app and answer the call from Whatsapp to receive the Verification code. Next, open the Whatsapp App and enter the Verification Code.
6. Finish Whatsapp Setup. After your number is verified by Whatsapp, you can finish setting up your Whatsapp profile by adding your name and a profile picture.
Creating Whatsapp Account Using Landline Number
The second method to create Whatsapp account without a Mobile Phone Number is by using your Landline Phone Number.
Most users think that you have to provide Whatsapp with a mobile number, but you can actually use your landline number to verify Whatsapp.
1. Enter Landline Number into Whatsapp. Open the Whatsapp app, select your Country, enter your Landline Phone Number, and tap on Next to receive a Verification code from Whatsapp.
2. Wait for Whatsapp to Call your Landline Number. Since Landline Numbers cannot receive text messages, you will have to wait for around 2 minutes for Whatsapp to call your number. After 2 minutes, Whatsapp will automatically call your landline number and you will hear an automated voice repeating your verification code.
3. Enter Verification Code into Whatsapp. Enter the verification code from the phone call into Whatsapp to complete the phone verification process. After the number has been verified you can enter your name and add a Profile picture to complete setting up Whatsapp.
Other Ways to Create Whatsapp Account Without Phone Number
If the methods above did not work, here are some other ways to Sign up for a Whatsapp account without using your phone number.
Use Google Voice: If you live in the USA, you can Sign-up for Google Voice, which provides a free phone number that can be used to verify your Whatsapp Account. If you do not live in the United States, you can still get a Google Voice Phone Number by using the Google phone number generator service for people outside the United States.
Use a Friend or Family Member’s phone: You can create a Whatsapp Account by using your Friend or Family Member’s Phone Number.
Once the verification process is completed, you can create a username and chat with others using the username, instead of your friend/family member’s phone.
Get a Burner phone number: Another option is to get a temporary phone number and use the temporary number to verify Whatsapp.
I hope this article was helpful?