Coinbase account delete means that your account, the settings, device data, and location data in Coinbase main user database will be deleted. However, Coinbase retains some of your personal data for certain legal, security, and other needs.
If you have any sensitive information that your account contains, and you think using the account doesn’t worth anymore, it’s probably a good idea to delete it. You can also cancel your account if don’t want anyone accessing your profile page and stealing your data.
Coinbase allows you to delete your account but the procedure is slightly different for desktop and mobile users, so we’ve prepared a separate step-by-step guide for each platform.
How to Delete Coinbase Account
.To delete your account, you need to log in:
1. Once you are in your account.
2. From the main page, click the three-dot menu icon on the left sidebar and select Settings and privacy.
3. Select “Delete” your account.
4. Read through the information and click “Delete”.
5. You’ll be asked to confirm your password, then you can click “Delete” once again.
Deleting your account is permanent and after going through the process, all of your account settings will be erased. You will no longer be able to use Coinbase. Thus, it’s important to double-check everything you might lose access to if you cancel your account on Coinbase.
Although the interface differs, you can also delete your account by using Coinbase mobile version, Here is how:
Delete Coinbase Account on Mobile
1. Log in to your Coinbase account on the mobile web.
2. Tap your profile icon and select “Settings” and privacy from the menu.
3. Under your username, select “Account”.
4. Tap “Delete” your account.
5. Read the messages and select “Delete”.
6. You’ll be prompted to enter your password and then you can hit “Delete” one more time.
If you have forgotten your Coinbase login details or don’t want to use an old account anymore, you can delete your Coinbase account without password or login details. All you need for this method is a friend who has Coinbase account and is willing to lend you their devices just for a few minutes to contact Coinbase support.
How to Delete Coinbase Without Password
1. log in to your friend’s account and navigate to Coinbase’s support & request page.
2. Request Coinbase to terminate or delete your account under the Report option.
3. Provide the details of your previous account like your account ID, this will make their work easier and will also prove that the account was yours.
4. When done with this, don’t forget to confirm your request for the account deletion.
Delete Coinbase Via Email Request
Another easy way to deactivate or permanently delete your Coinbase account is to send an email request to Coinbase Support stating that you want to close your account. Here is how you can send the email request:
1. Scroll to the “Help & Support Centre” and you’ll see the support email address
2. Then, write a message telling them what your issue is and why you want to delete your account
3. Then press “Send”.
How to Cancel Coinbase Account Delete
If it’s been less than 30 days since you initiated your Coinbase account deletion, you can cancel it. After 30 days, your account and all of your information will be permanently deleted, and you won’t be able to retrieve your details.
Note that Coinbase retains copies of your information after you delete your account. The information is retained for things such as legal issues, terms violations, or harm prevention and to ensure the safety and security of its platform and people using Coinbase.
To cancel your account deletion, simply login to your Coinbase account within 30 days of deleting your account.
How to Find Your Old Coinbase Account
If you can’t remember your Coinbase login details, the first step is to find and recover the account. There are a few places you should check for saved login info, and you should take the time to check each since it’s highly unlikely all your account names from over the years are stored in a single spot.
The first place to search for your old Coinbase account is in your web browser. Most browsers can save login info for any websites you access, and you can quickly find any accounts you’ve saved from the settings menu. Here’s where to locate your Coinbase login credentials in Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Safari:
1. In Google Chrome, go to Settings > Passwords > Saved Passwords.
2. In Avast Secure Browser go to > Settings > Passwords > Saved Passwords.
3. In Internet Explorer click Settings > View Advanced Settings > Manage Passwords.
4. In Firefox Browser, tap on Options > Security > Saved Passwords > Show Passwords.
5. In Safari Browser, click Preferences > Passwords.
6. In Microsoft Edge go to Settings > Passwords & Autofill > Manage Passwords.
Note that some browsers like Chrome will ask you to enter your device password.
After you find the password and log in to Coinbase, you can go into your account settings and follow the steps we explained above to delete it.
How to Deactivate Coinbase Account
While Coinbase account delete is permanent deactivating your Coinbase account means you still want to use it again. The account deactivation is temporary for the first 30 days, during which you can still reactivate the account before losing it and all its data forever.
You can reuse your email address and username if you change those items in your account settings before deactivation. Thus, if you decide before 30 days are up that you want to reactivate your account, sign in like usual.
To deactivate your account temporarily, log in:
1. Click on the navigation menu icon.
2. Then, tap “Settings and privacy”.
2. Click Your account.
3. Click “Deactivate” your account.
4. Read the account deactivation information, then tap Deactivate.
5. Enter your Coinbase password when prompted and tap “Deactivate”.
6. Confirm that you want to proceed by tapping Yes, deactivate.
How to Reactivate Coinbase Account
You can reactivate your Coinbase account at any time by logging back into Coinbase or by using your Coinbase account to log in somewhere else. Remember that you’ll need to have access to the email or mobile number you use to log in. If you can’t remember your password, you can request a new one.
1. Open Coinbase in a browser.
2. Log in to your deactivated account, A message in some case appear asking you to confirm you want to reactivate.
4. Your account will be restored.
5. If you can’t remember your password, click on “Forgot Password” to receive a link to create a new one.
Deleting your Coinbase account is permanent and once you have completed the steps above you’ll be signed out of your account. You should receive an email saying your account has been deleted. If you ever want to reactivate the account, you just have to open the Coinbase website and log in back. Your account will be restored and you’ll retain all your data.
Hence, if you want to permanently delete your Coinbase account and all your data, you have to wait for 30 days and do not sign in to your account. After 30 days, your account will be removed from the website and you’ll no longer be able to reactivate it.
I hope this article helped you?