Recently there’s has been many report of lost of Facebook account caused by wrong use of Username or password, illicit activities of hackers and the deactivation of account by Facebook Inc. Depending on how you take your Facebook account you can find and recover the account if you want
No doubt that Facebook is the best social networking services today with over millions of users across all the Countries. It is a good platform where one can get connected to friends, family and business associates. Users can share their important moment on the social networks and it will get all over the world owing to the large number of users. No wonder why big companies like Google, Amazon, Ali Baba, Apple and many other tech giants always run advertisement on Facebook.
Because many Facebook users now save sensitive information on their account, hackers is always on the look for Facebook account to invade and access the privacy of such user. Hence, updating your password at least once in a month is a great idea.
What You Need to Find and Regain Access to Your Facebook Account
You can recover your Facebook Account on the website or through the App. Facebook is among the apps which every smartphone user has on their devices. It’s pre-installed on some phone. However, you can’t be talking of how to recover your Facebook Account when you have not registered any. To use Facebook account recovery page you must have created Facebook account. You can learn more on how create new Facebook account and find new friends.
The easiest way to recover your Facebook account is by using the account ID. It is the Username, email or phone number you used to create the account that will be used to retrieve FB account. So you can’t log in to your account if you forgot the password.
There are four (4) different ways in which you can find and recover your Facebook account
- By resetting your Facebook password
- Through your Facebook Friends
- By changing your password
- By contacting Facebook Support Team.
More Reasons Why you can’t Login to Your Facebook Account or Find your Facebook Account
It occurs to many of us. It could be you’ve gotten a new device or that you just want to reset your Facebook password, but you can’t remember your existing password to do so or probably you have Facebook marketing account for your business, and the administrator who set up the account is no longer working in the company.
- Reasons why you can’t Log into your Facebook account
- How to Delete Posted Picture on Facebook
- How to Log in to Your Facebook and Meet New & Old Friends
Whatever your reason, when you find yourself stuck trying (and failing) to remember your Facebook password, here are what you should do to reset the account.
1. How To Find Your Facebook Account By Resetting the Password
Resetting Facebook password with the help of username is the best simplest way to recover your Facebook account. Even when you have forgotten the password it is likely that you still remember your username. Even where you do not remember the username to your account, you can get it from your existing friends. Getting started
- Open the Facebook App on your phone then tap on Log in
- Tap on Forgotten Password? It’s located below Log in tab.
- Choose the option with which you want to find your account, either phone number or Email address. Any option you select must be connected with your Facebook account. Let’s Use email for instance.
- Enter the Email address you used during registration
- Tap on search. Your account that’s identified to the Email will display on your screen
- Tap on get a code and then open your Mail box and copy out the recovery code.
- Enter the code on the box then tap Continue
- Now, create a Facebook password and confirm it on the next box.
You have successfully reset your password.
2. How To Find and Recover Facebook Account through Your Friends – Facebook Account
If you don’t recover the account Using the above method may be because you no longer have access to the email listed on your account then you recover it through your Facebook Friends. However, before you used this method to find your account you must have Trusted Contacts Set up. Where you add up to three of your friends who you trust.
- To get the recovery code, go to Facebook Login page and click on Forgot Password?
- Find your Facebook account by entering your email, Username or phone number and then click Search
- When the result Show, click on “No longer have access to these”
- Type in a new phone number or email address
- Click “Continue” then click Reveal my Trusted Contacts
- Enter the full name of your Trusted Contact. Link containing the recovery code and instruction on how To get the code will appear on your screen.
- Send the link to that your Trusted Friend and ask the person to send you the recovery code on it.
- If prompted, enter the code and access your account.
From there you can change your password.
Another way you can find and regain access to your Facebook account is by changing the password. Facebook alerts you whenever there’s any untrusted log in activities on your account. But to take advantage of this you must have the account connected to your email. Once you receive such message from Facebook, quickly open the email and follow the link which Facebook will send you and access your account immediately. Make sure the link is truly from Facebook Inc and then proceed to change your password.
3. How To Change Facebook Password
- Tap on the menu tab then tap on Settings
- Scroll down and tap Security and Login
- Tap Change Password and enter the following: Your current password’ New password and then re-type the new password.
- Tap Save Changes
4. Contact Facebook Community
Lastly, if you still not regain access to Facebook account is to contact Facebook Support Team by sending them a message of the kind of issues you are having with your account.
- Go to Facebook community
- Select the questions related to the issue you have with your account
- If prompted, fill the report form accordingly and submit.
You have to wait for some days as recovering your Facebook account through this method do take longer time.
You’ll receive message containing instruction on how to recover your account and if it is not possible, Facebook will also let you know.
Was this helpful?