Did you mistakingly delete Grindr messages that you meant to keep? There are a few tricks you may be able to use to find and recover them.
You can recover deleted Grindr messages by downloading them or checking old email notifications, by looking in the cache of the Grindr app, if you use Android. You can also check your archived messages or ask the person you were messaging with for a copy.
It mostly happens to everyone, you’ve searched your message history, but the one message you’re looking for cannot be found. For one reason or another, you deleted it. But now you need it back.
Unfortunately, once you delete a message on Grindr, it’s gone for good based on a strict Grindr view. But there are things you can do to get those messages back from other sources.
Here are a few methods you can use to recover deleted Grindr messages, as well as back up your messages so you don’t lose them in the future:
How to Find Deleted Grindr Messages
Here are a few methods that could help you retrieve those messages:
How to Find Deleted Grindr Messages on Android
Android devises store cache data from almost every app you use. So, if you use Grindr on your Android phone, there’s a good chance you’ll be able to find the deleted chats:
1. If you don’t already have a file manager installed, download one from the Google Play Store.
2. Open it and go to Main Storage.
3. Select Android and then go to Data.
4. Tap on com.Grindr.ocra.
5. Select cache and then tap on Grindr_temp.
6. Inside that folder, you can find messages from recent history. That’s where you’d be able to find the deleted message.
You can also retrieve deleted Grindr messages with iCloud account as iPhone Backup Extractor downloads your backups from iCloud, finds your Grindr messages and recovers them. Even if the person is no longer on your contact list or conversation.
Check Your Archived Messages
Your first place to go is the archived messages. If you can’t find the message you need in your chats, the reason could be that you deleted it.
If you archived the messages instead of deleting them, you can easily recover them, as Grindr always keeps your archived chats.
1. Open Grindr on desktop, web, or mobile app.
2. From the chats section of the app, type the name of the person you were talking to in the search bar.
3. Then simply click or tap their name to open the conversation and view everything.
Ask the Recipient of the Message
If still can’t find the deleted messages, another way to go is to contact the other side of the conversation. Ask the person you chatted with for a copy of the message. Luckily, deleting the message only deletes it from your inbox, not the inboxes of other participants.
If you haven’t found the message in your inbox and it’s not archived, contact the person or people you were chatting with and ask them to take a screenshot for you.
Retrieve Deleted Grindr Messages From Your Email
As a final attempt, you can check two more places. If you know some of the content in the messages, search your email inbox. This method will only work if you have email notifications enabled on Grindr.
The last place to check is your most recent Grindr backup file. If you don’t know how to create that backup, you probably don’t have one. In that case, you’ve exhausted your options.
One way to do this is by enabling your email notifications. Follow the steps below to do this:
1. Open Grindr on your desktop and click the down arrow at the top right-hand corner of the page.
2. Click on the Settings & privacy from the menu, and then select Settings again.
3. Scroll down until you see Notifications on the left menu and click it.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Email.
5. Select All notifications, except the ones you turn off. This ensures you’ll get the messages in your inbox in the future.
Remember Grindr stores all your deleted data for up to 30 days. If you try recovering messages after this duration, the chances of restoring deleted messages are quite thin.
Use a Third-Party App
If the above-mentioned methods were not that helpful, you could take help from a third-party (Data Recovery) app that offers a way to recover deleted Grindr messages.
There are many of that you can find on the Google Play Store or Apple Store. The Data Recovery app extracts photos, text messages, and contacts among other data that has been deleted from your phone. They support Android, iOS devices, and tablets helping users to recover chat and media from social media.
Download and install the Data recovery app let it scan all your lost or deleted messages. You can preview the messages, photos, videos, and documents after the scan soon, which you can go through the Grindr message you want to retrieve.
Once you are done finding the message you wish to retrieve, you can export it to save it. All the messages would be saved in PDF file format and you would be able to retrieve your deleted Grindr messages.