Philo not working or loading is a common problem that users may encounter with using Philo on FireStick. The Philo feature on the FireStick TV is not working, even though it was working after your registration.
There are a few things you can do to fix this bug from your FireStick device. Here in this article, we will tell you why and how to troubleshoot Philo not working on the firestick homepage error.
Reasons Why Philo Is Not Working on FireStick
There are several reasons your Philo is not working on FireStick, loading an error message, or is not unavailable. The issue may come from connection issues, registration issues, problems with your Wi-Fi router, or outdated FireStick software that requires updates.
The FireStick not connecting to Wi-Fi is the most common cause of Philo not working or loading properly. Try connecting to the same Wi-Fi connection with your smartphone or another smart device to see if it’s working.
Another common problem with Philo not working on FireStick is the Philo app is outdated or does not support the latest version of FireStick. You need to check to see if your device supports the app.
Also, the reason, why Philo may be unresponsive on your FireStick, is incompatibility. FireStick device supports a particular version of every application and will say unavailable on FireStick if it’s not compatible with Philo. This happens when you are using an older version of the device. Here is how to fix the errors:
How to Fix Philo Not Working Issues on Firestick
If your Philo downloaded app is not working as expected, clear the app cache and data, or restart your FireStick device. Other common solutions are.
Fix Internet Connection
Some users reported that their Philo app works slowly, and it could be due to a slow internet connection. So, check the internet connection and ensure it is connected to your Firestick. If you have an unstable internet connection then you can check if the network problem is caused by your device::
1. Turn off your Amazon FireStick.
2. Unplug your Modem and Router from the power source.
3. Then wait for a minute before you plug your modem and router back into the power source.
4. Wait for the lights to turn on back.
5. Turn on your FireStick.
6. Reconnect your FireStick to the internet.
You also need to carry out a speed test to ensure there is enough bandwidth to load the app and run it.
Update the Philo App
Next, you need to update the Philo app to make its streaming smooth and unforgettable. Here are the steps to update the Philo app using Firestick.
1. Open your Fire Stick TV and tap on the Search icon, and type Philo.
2. Press your remote on the app icon, and select Update.
3. Wait for a minute and allow the app to finish updating.
4. Then press your remote on Open, and your Firestick will update the Philo app.
Restart the FireStick
If the methods above did not fix the issues, you should restart the Firestick. Here is how to reboot your FireStick:
1. Press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds, and click on Settings.
2. Select My Fire TV, and scroll down.
3. Select Restart, and your Firestick will reboot.
It may take a few minutes to finish up, so wait for the screen to load and relaunch the Philo app.
If Philo is still not working then it could be caused by corrupted cached data. Philo app has the tendency of keeping frequently used data in order to speed up their process however this saved data can also get corrupted and cause issues such as preventing Philo from working on your FireStick. In order to resolve this you will need to clear the cache.
How to Clear Cache on Philo
1. Go to the Settings menu on Fire TV home.
2. Select Applications.
3. Scroll down to Manage Installed Applications.
4. Select Philo app on your FireStick.
5. Scroll down to Clear cache and press on it.
Update Your FireStick Device
Sometimes Philo not working error can be caused by a bug available in the current operating system that your FireStick is using. Try getting the latest version of the Amazon Firestick software as this will come with new enhancements, features, and bug fixes that could solve this issue.
How to Update FireStick
1. Open your FireStick Settings.
2. Select My Fire TV.
3. Click on About, and select Check for Updates.
4. Select Install update if there is a new update available.
Once the software updates itself, the Firestick will reboot. Now try to launch the Philo.
Reinstall the Philo App
If none of the above steps make the Philo app work, you could try reinstalling it. Reinstalling the app will fix several problems, such as you’ll get the latest version, and the cache will restore. Just follow these steps, and you are good to go:
1. Go to the Applications menu and select Settings.
2. Click Manage Installed Applications and scroll until you find Philo.
3. Click on Philo and choose Uninstall.
4. Press the Home button and click on the Search icon.
5. Type Philo and search for the app.
6. Download the app back.
Update Your Router’s Firmware
An outdated router may cause Philo and FireStick incompatibility. If that’s the case, try updating the router’s software as demonstrated below:
1. Sign in to your routers web portal
2. Go to Settings and click Admin or “System.”
3. Open Firmware Update or “Router Update
4. Tap Apply to start the updates
5. Once complete, restart the router, and the Philo should be working now.
Why is Philo Icon Not Showing
Another issue you might encounter with your Amazon Fire TV Stick is when it does not load your Philo app or show the icon.
The reason the Philo app icon didn’t work for you, and why there is no way for you to change the app icon for Philo apps, is because FireStick pulls the icon of official apps from an Amazon server and not from the app/APK itself. Even if you edit the icon in the APK of an official app, the Fire TV will still use the icon image stored on Amazon Appstore for that app.
If you want to edit the Philo icon, you need to delete the app from your list of apps on amazon. Then uninstall the Philo app from your FireStick, clear cache/data for the Appstore app on FireStick, sync account data on Fire TV, restart the FireStick, then sideload the APK with the icon edited.
Whenever the Philo is not working on your Firestick, you can follow the steps above and resolve the issue. Make sure to update your app and keep the Firestick updated in order to avoid such problems in the first place. Next, you should have a fast internet connection.