Facebook and Instagram are one of the most popular apps. If you use both of them, you would love to connect your Instagram account with your Facebook profile or page so that each of your posts has the maximum likes and comments.
Luckily, you can connect your Instagram account to Facebook so that your Facebook posts appear on both sites simultaneously. In other words, you can link your Instagram and Facebook account to cross-post between the social media platforms. You can also easily remove your Instagram and Facebook accounts at any time.
So, if you share a lot with family, friends, or colleagues on Facebook, it can be a pain to have to post updates to multiple social media platforms manually.
How to Link Facebook to Instagram From Facebook
Linking a Facebook account with Instagram or vice-versa is quite simple. But you need to do it via their web applications. Let me show you how it works.
1. Find and open Instagram on your phone.
2. Sign in, choose your profile, and select the Settings menu.
3. Select Account then tap on Sharing to Other Apps.
4. Choose Facebook and log in with your Facebook account details if you’re not signed in on your phone. Allow the app permissions when requested.
5. You will then get requested to set up your Accounts Center. Select your Facebook account or tap “Not you?” to change the account, then 6. Tap Continue.
7. Select where to share on Facebook. Tap Continue to finish the Account Center set-up.
8. Select Start Sharing on Facebook.
8. Go back to the Accounts Center. Below the Manage connected experiences section, ensure that Story & Post Sharing and Logging in with accounts are both enabled.
If these steps fail to work out for you, all you need to do is go back to the Accounts Center menu on Instagram. Choose Facebook and select Remove from Accounts Center.
How to Remove Instagram from Facebook
Here’s how to remove Instagram from your Facebook account:
1. Open the app and tap your profile icon.
2. Then, in the upper-right corner, tap the Menu icon.
3. Click Settings.
4. Scroll down and tap Accounts Center.
5. Tap Accounts.
6. Select the account you want to remove and tap Remove.
When the confirmation message appears, select Continue. If both accounts have the same login password, you will be asked to change one of the passwords.
To remove your Facebook accounts on the Instagram website, tap your profile > Settings > Accounts Center > Accounts. Locate your account and select Remove.
1. Open Instagram on your device.
2. Tap Log In With Facebook.
3. If you’re already signed into Facebook, you will automatically get logged in. If you’re not, add your Facebook login details when prompted and tap the blue Login button.
4. If you don’t have an Instagram account already select Log In With Facebook. and your account will be created and linked to your Facebook account.
5. To edit your Instagram profile, log in to Instagram using the Log In With Facebook option.
6. Tap your Profile icon at the bottom right and tap on Edit Profile.
7. Tap your username and change it to something more personal.
Head back to your profile screen and tap on the hamburger icon.
8. Select Settings.
9. Tap on Account and then select Personal Information. Check the Email Address to ensure it is correct. Tap it to edit.
10. Go back to the settings menu and select Security.
11. Select Password from the list to change it.
12. You’ll now see a notification that says something like ‘We sent an email to … with a link to reset your password. That email address will be the one you have in your account.