CRED’s automated account recovery options depend on the information you entered and validated when you set up your account. If you never completed the information or if it’s outdated, chances are slim that you’ll be able to regain access to your account.
CRED allows you to access all of its services with your username (email address or mobile number) and your password. This account has a username and a password assigned to it. You can use these credentials to log in to your account as and when needed.
If you can’t log into your CRED account because of a wrong password or username you can reactivate the account through the CRED recovery link to reset the password.
CRED provides you with several options to reactivate your account. If you have linked your mobile number or your email address with your account, then this method is for you
How to Reactivate Your CRED Account
- Open your CRED mobile app, you can use the official website. The login page appears. You will see a button labeled “Need help” on the bottom left. Click on it and the Forgot password link appears.
- On the “Forgot Password” page, enter the email address or the phone number linked to your account.
- Click Continue and wait for the OTP (one-time-password) to arrive as an e-mail message or an SMS.
- Enter the OTP and click on Continue. Sometimes if you’re logged in from an unknown location or device, CRED might decide to double-check your identity. If you entered an email, you might have to enter your phone number to confirm, and vice versa.
- Enter the new password two times. Click on Save changes and sign in.
You’ve successfully reactivated your lost CRED account.
How to Reactivate CRED Account Without Password
In this SMS method, you do not require a password to log in to your device. Instead, CRED will send you an SMS to your registered mobile number to verify your identity. Here is how you use this method:
- Visit CRED’s official website and click on the forgot password link
- When presented with receive code with email skip it and click on Via SMS
- Enter the phone number you registered the account with.
- Once you choose this option, an SMS will be sent to your mobile number that is registered with your account.
- Open the text message. It will contain a verification code.
- Enter the verification code in your mobile application.
- Once you have entered the same code that is sent to you, you can now access your account. You have successfully logged in.
You can also recover your account by sending an email to Support@cred.club.
How to Change Your Password on CRED
If you want to change your account password without your phone number then follow the below steps:
- Go to the CRED login page, and with your login details.
- Now, look for the three horizontal lines (menu) and click on them.
- Under the menu, go to “Settings & Privacy.”
- Further, from the available options, tap on “Settings”. Now, you will see a new page, and tap on “Security and Login”.
- Again, from the given choices, tap on “Change Password”.
- On the new page, first, enter your old password, and then type the new password in the field.
- In the end, click “save the changes”.
Finally, you know how to change your CRED password via email.
How to Reset CRED Password
To reset a lost CRED account without email and phone number, you can go to ‘The help and Support Center of CRED. In this way, you can report to them your password issue and can request them to allow you to reset your CRED password without your phone number and email. If you don’t know how to report a problem to CRED, then follow the step by steps mentioned below.
- Go to the CRED website on your device.
- Now you will see “Settings and privacy,” under this, scroll down to “Report a problem.”
- You can see a “Feedback and help” option, scroll down more and click on ‘Account and Profile’.
- After this, under “Select a Topic”, select Login.
- Further, select ‘Other’ from the list.
- Now under the Other list, tap on “Still have a problem”.
- Finally, type your problem in the field and click on the “Report” icon.
Why Can’t I Log in to My CRED Account?
You may have lost access to your CRED account for several reasons, you may have forgotten your password, you may have deleted your account, or even been blocked by CRED and if all the above methods did not work, you’ll need to contact CRED directly to help you reactivate the account.
There are several ways of contacting the company, depending on which method of communication you prefer. You can use the Facebook page, Twitter, Email Address, or Chatbot to contact CRED.