How to do Snapchat Account Recovery by using your username?
Snapchat is among the most used social media apps with 306 million daily active users worldwide. By this figure, the photo and video sharing app has gained a lot of attention. This also means that having your Snapchat account locked or lost could have you missing out on all the latest trends.
There are a number of reasons why your account may be locked. I explained a few of them along with the steps you can take to recover your Snapchat account by username and connect with your followers.
There are a number of reasons why you might be locked out of your Snapchat account. The most common reason for an account being inaccessible is simply that you’ve forgotten your password or login information.
However, Snapchat also locks accounts that have engaged in an activity that is against the platform’s terms and services. Snapchat will hand out suspensions or even permanent bans for abusive behavior. This includes logging in from many different IP addresses, using a handle or username that violates the platform’s rules, posting offensive content, or spamming.
The best way to make sure you don’t end up locked out of your Snapchat account is by simply familiarizing yourself with the platform’s community guidelines and following the rules to avoid suspensions, bans, and other penalties that can get you locked out of your account.
Why am I logged out of my Snapchat account?
The steps for regaining access to a locked Snapchat account can vary, depending on the reason that caused you to lose access. But regardless of why you have been locked out of your account, Snapchat recommends following these steps first before trying anything else or escalating the issue to Snapchat support staff for additional help.
Clear app cache: Sometimes you need to clear your app cache in order to log in. To do this, open your app, select the “Me” menu in the lower right-hand corner, tap the three dots in the upper right to open your settings and privacy options, then tap the “Clear cache” option located under the Cache and Cellular Data heading.
Your two-step verification may be ON: One of the things people tend to forget easily is the two-factor authentication code. It is a must that you use the two-step verification code that will be sent to you whenever you want to access your Snapchat otherwise you will be logged out of your account.
Restart your device: The “unplug it and plug it back in” method, but for your phone. Restart your phone to see if you can regain access.
Check internet connection: If Snapchat cannot detect an internet connection, you may not be able to log in. Either connect to a reliable Wi-Fi connection or, if one is not available, make sure that your mobile network has a solid signal.
If you are still unable to login into your account, it is possible that you have the wrong credentials, you forgot your username or password. Luckily, you can reset your password for Snapchat so you can regain access to your account.
- Open the app, tap the “Sign up” option.
- Then tap “Log in” at the bottom of the page. Select “Use phone/email/username” and choose the “Email/Username” option.
- From there, tap “Forgot password?” You will be sent a link to the email address or phone number that is associated with your account that will let you reset your password.
How to recover a deleted SnapChat account?
Where you deleted your Snapchat account, you may be worried that it’s lost forever. Luckily, you can still recover your Snapchat account within 30 days of deleting it.
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Click the profile icon on the bottom right-hand corner of the screen,
- Click on “Sign up.” On the bottom of the screen, you will see a banner that says “Already have an account?” with a “Log in” option.
- Click “Log in.” Select “Use phone/email/username” and log in with your account information.
- After logging in, Snapchat will inform you that your account was deactivated.
- Tap “Reactivate” to recover the account.
You will be able to use your account again, and it will be considered an active account unless you decide to deactivate it again. You will once again have 30 days before your account is deleted.
More articles on Snapchat:
- How to Set Up or Turn Off Snapchat Two Factor Authentication
- Snapchat Login on the Computer | Create an Accounts.snapchat.com
How to recover hacked Snapchat account
Snapchat accounts, especially those that have a large fan base with large followings and lots of engagement, or ones with noteworthy or hard-to-get usernames can be targets for hackers. If you notice any suspicious behavior on your account, you may be the victim of a hack.
If any of this happens, it can result in your account being locked. To regain access to your account, start by resetting your password, as detailed above.
After resetting your password, link your account to your phone number.
- Log in to Snapchat and select the Setting menu,
- Click the three dots in the upper right-hand corner to open the settings and privacy menu.
- Click “Manage account,”
- Then select “Phone number.”
- Enter your phone number to link your account to your phone number.
How stop anyone from using another device to login your Snapchat account
You will want to make sure that no other devices have access to your account.
- Log in to Snapchat and open the Settings menu
- Then open your settings and privacy menu.
- Tap on “Security” option and select “Your devices.” This will show you a list of devices that you have logged in on. If any are unfamiliar or suspicious, delete them.
From there, the device will not be used to log in to your Snapchat account anymore.