Snapchat is one of the best video social networks in the world. Many people use Snapchat at least once a day. But what happens if you can’t aces your Snapchat account, maybe because you forgot your password or that the account has been hacked. There can be many reasons behind it. You can recover Snapchat account in different ways depending on the reason that made you lose access to the account
If you fall into my category of human being that you have different accounts online and now your memory is fed up. You forgot to note all your account IDs and passwords somewhere safe or you did but can’t find it any more or worse your Snapchat account was hacked. Both way, you can’t log in and that’s a serious issue.
How to Recover Snapchat Account
It has always been recommended that you have a special mailbox – with its password made it easy to remember so there is no way you’re going to forget it – for registering in different social networks. Before you can create Snapchat, they ask you to link your account to an email and offer to send an email to you. That’s the email you are going to use and recover your Snapchat account. Here is how to get your account back.
How to Recover Snapchat Account when You Forgot Your Password
If you forgot your Snapchat password it means that you are lucky because you can recover it easily than where the account has been hacked.
Summary of How to Recover Snapchat Account Password
- Open the Snapchat app on your mobile phone and tap on the Login tab.
- Enter your username or email and tap Forgot your password tab.
- Choose whether you want to change the password using a phone or email.
- Fill out the captcha form.
- Enter your number or email and tap Next.
- Choose to Send through email, SMS, or by Call to send OTP.
- Then enter that OTP and tap Next tab
- Enter your new password and confirm it and then tap Next.
That’s all your Snapchat account has been successfully recovered.
Full Detail on How to Retrieve Your Snapchat Password
- Open the Snapchat on your phone
- Tap on the Login tab. You’ll see “Forgot your Password”, tap on it
- Then you will be given options on how to recover your Snapchat password. Choose your preferred option, either using your phone or email.
- If you choose an email you need to enter the email, with which you signed the Snapchat account with on the next page. After providing the email, tap on the “Submit” tab
- Wait a little bit, Snapchat will send you an email with the link to reset the password.
- Open your mail inbox and follow the link to create a new password.
Recovering Snapchat Password with Phone Number
This must be the number with which you created your Snapchat account.
- Once you tap on Forgot your Password, Enter your phone number on the next page
- Choose your preferred way to receive the OTP code that will be sent by Snapchat, either by message or call option.
- To finally recover your Snapchat password using phone number, open the message on your phone and then enter the OTP that you have received on the space that will be made available by Snapchat.
- On the next page create a new password and confirm it on the second box.
How to Recover hacked Snapchat Account
You can also recover Snapchat Account hacked by a hacker and which you have lost access to your Snapchat profile. Once a hacker changes the Snapchat Login password and email, you are left with very little or no option.
We have a few suggestions that always worked and something you should start with.
Snapchat hacking can happen at any time, and at any point due to various reasons, such Using a public device to sign in to your account, your friend or someone get access to your computer and use to reveal the password to get your password, or you might miss logging out of your Snapchat account.
If your Snapchat is hacked, all I could say is don’t worry, because it will not resolve the problem. So relax and accept your account is hacked, and now all you could do is to work on recovering you hacked Snapchat Account.
Most people frequently complained type of hacking is done by changing the password of their Snapchat account so that they can’t access it. As a matter of fact, recovering such an account is relatively easier. You need to follow the steps above.
- Where only the password has changed and you still have access to the associated email or phone number of the account then you may go to the “forgot your password” option at the Snapchat Login page.
- Snapchat will lead you to another page and will ask you to enter either your email address or the phone number. You can choose any of the options.
- Then Snapchat will find your profile, viewing your specific profile with either the email address or mobile number and click on “Continue”.
- Afterward, a recovery code will be sent to your desired recovery option. Enter that code and click continue.
- So you now set your new Snapchat account password and your account will be recovered.
How to Recover Snapchat Account when You Lost the Username and Password
This process may take some time, but it’s only the option left after the above to recover your Snapchat account.
It was kind of sad to see that there is no contact number or support number where any user can get in touch with the Snapchat representative and report the issue.
But, you can always drop a message on the support center and let them know about the issue. Due to the high volume of such cases, it might take hours or days to get a response from the Snapchat team.
How to secure your Snapchat Account
Security of our Smartphones is much important today that’s why need to get one the Best iPhone Security Apps or Best Android Email Apps. On this topic, choosing a strong password is the best thing to do. Your password is the foremost and often best security mechanism for keeping strangers out of Your Snapchat account, thus the need to create a strong password. Make sure it is long 8 – 10 characters or longer with a mixture of characters and contains no personal information since those can be easy can be guessed.
Need Strong Password? See, Ways to Create Strong and Secured Password you can Remember
Most importantly, though, don’t use this password anywhere else on the internet. You should use a different password for every single account you have, and ideally, they’d all be random strings of characters. That’s why using a password one the best security or antivirus app is, by far, the best way to secure all your Snapchat accounts.
Lastly, beware of attempts by others to obtain your password through nefarious methods. Don’t follow untrusted links, such as those sent in WhatsApp, Facebook messenger, or emails that ask you to enter your password.