Coinbase lets you add your debit card details to enable you to pay on its website. The card details are saved on Coinbase and can be selected when you want to make a new transaction. If you are worried about a security breach or another person using your device, you may after making your payment want to remove your debit card from Coinbase.
Coinbase payment method provides a means where you make the payment online by saving details of your debit card, e-wallets, etc which in turn helps you to save time. You can also remove these details later. It’s easy to unlink your debit card from Coinbase. You can also change your payment method by deleting or adding another debit card to make your online transaction more convenient.
If you know how to use Coinbase you can remove your debit card, debit card, e-wallets, or bank account that you have previously saved on the site. Sometimes it’s hard to find the right option but in this post, I will show you how to unlink and remove debit card details from your Coinbase account.
How to Remove Debit Card From Coinbase Account
You can make this change both through their desktop website and also in the mobile app
To remove a debit card from the Coinbase desktop website:
1. Open the Coinbase website and log in to your account with your username and password.
2. Now, after logging in, click on your “Account” from the menu
3. Click on the “Payment” options. You can see a list of debit/debit cards that you have added.
4. Click on the down arrow to remove the card you want to remove.
5. You will be asked for confirmation. Click on the “Confirm remove” option to remove the card from your Coinbase account.
That’s all it takes to remove your debit card from the Coinbase desktop website. Your previous payment method has been removed from your account. When you check it out on Coinbase, it will no longer appear.
Removing a Debit Card With the Coinbase App
1. Open the Coinbase app on your phone or tablet and tap on the Account tab
2. Tap on “Your Account” and scroll down to “Payments & Billing”.
3. Then scroll down to select the debit card you want to remove.
4. remove the selected debit card by tapping on the “remove” button.
5. Tap on the “Confirm remove” option to remove the card from your Coinbase account.
You can also add another payment method if your debit card has expired or your payment is unsuccessful. The payment method is simply the mode of payment, the debit or debit card that you have added to pay for your Coinbase transactions.
How to Change Payment Method on Coinbase
Coinbase lets you add a new payment method or change to correct your debit card details by following these steps.
1. Go to Coinbase and go to Your Account.
2. Next, select the “Payments & Billing” setting.
If you have saved a method before You’ll see a list of all currently attached to your account.
3. Click “Settings”, and you’ll see your default payment.
4. Click the “Change” link next to “Payment Method”. You’ll also want to follow this process if you need to add a new card that’s not already associated with your account.
5. Click “Add New Card” and then click the “Continue” button.
Now, if your transaction failed in the first attempt, you can retry your payment with the same payment method or choose a different one.
Remove a Payment Method
Important: If you remove a payment method that’s used for a subscription to Coinbase, you might be prompted to add a new payment method. You can also cancel a subscription.
1. Go to Coinbase.
2. At the top, click “Payment methods”.
3. Next to a card or bank account, click “Remove” and then Remove.
Note: If you remove a card used in Coinbase, you’ll also need to remove it from your phone. Choose your phone type and then follow the prompts to remove a payment method.
Edit Coinbase Payment Method
1. Go to Coinbase.
2. At the top, click “Payment methods”. If you don’t see “Payment methods” at the top, you may need to expand your browser window, or click Menu Menu.
3. Next to a card or bank account, click “Edit”.
4. If you can’t find “Edit,” remove the payment method, then add it again.
For cards, you can edit:
- Expiration date
- Name on the account
Coinbase online payment with a debit card these days has been easy but that’s not to say there are no risks at all. While you can’t control things like a data breach, you can always take preventive measures to protect your debit card details from internet fraudsters.
Paying directly on Coinbase with your debit card is a good option but storing the card information online will put you at increased risk of the information being stolen and criminals using it for fraudulent transactions. I prefer to manually enter my card information when I make transactions on Coinbase and this helps me to reduce the chances of my bank card details being compromised.
Meanwhile, Coinbase wrong payment methods or expired cards will result in payment errors while making your transaction. If you want your payment details saved on Coinbase you need to update your payment method. And before you save your debit card details on any website or app make sure you are the only user of the device you make the payment. Keep your login credentials secret.
I hope this article helped you?