As a Zenith Bank customer, you can transfer money and make payment with Zenith Bank App, Internet, or USSD Code. The processes are not the same; steps to take in the transfer are different. Instructions here are mainly to guide you on how to transfer money with Zenith mobile App. Our previous article covers ways to make a transfer with Zenith USSD Code.
The difference between Zenith mobile App and the USSD Code transfer is mainly in aspect to the kind of network services you need to make the transfer. In Zenith mobile App your Android phone must have internet service (connected to Wi-Fi or you have data in your device) while the USSD Code needs normal call Services.
Each of these methods also has its advantages and disadvantages. From my experience, the advantages of Zenith Bank mobile App transfer are that it keeps accurate information on the transactions you make in the app. An example is when you have an unsuccessful transfer, you will receive a message that your transfer failed.
The USSD Code on the other hand works without airtime and internet connection. You can make transactions once you have network service on your device. The negative side of the USSD Code is that no message would be sent if your transfer is unsuccessful
However, your money remains yours even where it has been deducted from your account. Most time the bank reverses your money immediately and if this couldn’t be the case you will need to complain to the bank and your money will be re-deposited.
Getting started with Zenith Bank mobile App Banking
The first step to take is to download and install the Zenith Bank app (EazyMoney) on your Android phone on Google Play Store. Make sure you have a Gmail account and your device is connected to the internet.
Features of the App
- With the app on your Android device, you can see all your accounts on your phone: Current, Fixed Deposit, Savings, Domiciliary, etc.
- Another feature is that the app allows you to set a password preventing unauthorized use.
- Once activated you can pay bills directly from your bank account.
- It validates NUBAN account numbers for error-free transfers.
- It is also protected by two-factor authentication: Password and mobile PIN.
Activation Process for Zenith Bank App
- Open the App in your Android phone, tap Sign-up, and Register to get an Activation Code.
- Press *966# and enter 2 to activate
- Then enter the Activation Code you received in the welcome message, and press Send
- Here is where you will create a new PIN, afterwards press Send. Confirm to authenticate the new PIN.
- You will receive a confirmation message from EaZymoney showing that the app has been successfully activated.
- From there you can access the app and make payment by signing in with your PIN and the phone linked to the account.
To avoid mistakes and loss of money there are key things you need to do and avoid when making transaction mobile App or USSD transfer. We shall divide them into Dos and Don’ts of mobile phone transactions.
The Do’s of Mobile Phone Banking
- The first among them is that your phone should be charged to avoid loss of power in the process of the transaction.
- When making transfer Re-check the receiver’s account number to ensure it’s correct.
- After the transfer wait for the confirmation message from the bank showing that the transaction is successful.
You may not receive a text in some cases when the network is bad. So when your account is debited without Confirmation message you will need to ask the receiver to check his account balance. If the money is not in his account and has not been reverse contact your bank to resolve the transaction.
The Don’ts of Mobile Banking
- Do not reveal your PIN (password) or BVN to another person.
- Don’t be in a hurry to make another transfer when the first one is unsuccessful. Wait a bit and confirm if the money has not been deducted from your account to avoid debiting you twice. The transaction may have been processed without sending you a confirmation message. You should spend some minutes or check your balance before repeating the transaction.
Zenith Bank Mobile App Transfer is one of the ways you can make transactions from your account without going to the bank. It is a self-service initiated by the bank to help its customers monitor their accounts and make payments. Mobile banking saves time.
However, to keep your account safe and secure you are not to reveal sensitive information about your account to a third party. Details like your PIN, Password, and BVN must be kept secret and not to be disclosed for any reason.