When you enroll in one of the academic courses/years offered in the University of Western Cape or UWC, you’ll get My UWC email account for free, which you’ll need to receive news, updates, and important messages or announcements from the university.
It allows both old and new students to access the UWC portal for course registrations, course materials and to check examination results online. Logging in to My UWC is simple and easy if you just know where to go. However, some users do have a hard time finding out how to and where to access their email. This is why we created this article to help the user successfully login to their accounts.
My UWC email account is the only email account acceptable by the University of Western Cape for official correspondence to and from the university. Hence, as a student in the university, you need to claim My UWC account, if you haven’t already done so. To do this, go to the UWC website and click on the student registration button and follow the instructions below carefully to create the account but if you have the account you can go to the login procedures below. It has the same steps as the UNISA and Telkom email.
UWC Online Registration
- Go to the UWC Student Portal.
- Click on “Claim your UWC” or Create Account depending on the available option.
- Enter your student number and click ‘Continue.’
- Fill carefully your personal information (Surname, Full names, DOB, Your Country’s ID No Passport No/ Foreign ID. Enter either ID No or Passport No, not both) and click ‘Continue.’ Read the terms and check the boxes and then click ‘Acknowledge.’
You will see a page displaying your account details (myuwc email address and phone number) and also an initial UNISA password. The password will be for both myUnisa and myLife email account.
MY UWC Login
- With your browser, visit the UWC student portal and click on the My UWC email login option on the page. The page will direct you to Google.
- Enter your UWC Student No, Identification No, or possibly My UWC email and the password on their respective boxes.
- Then click the ‘Sign in button and wait for your profile account to open. It takes less than one minute to load.
Students are seriously advised to log out of their My UWC email account when they are done using it, especially when accessing it through a public computer or device.
You can access your UWC email account from any network and from anywhere in the world once you have internet access. You need students Accounts new applicants who are enquiring about information for the purpose of applying for admission and do not yet have My UWC account, because you have been admitted but not yet registered. Students also need the email when they require assistance in resolving portal access problems.
How To Create Strong Password for My UWC email
- Think of a shortlist of passwords that you will remember and no one can guess.
- Do not use your name, phone number, or social security number as a Password this is because Hackers have become experts at guessing passwords with user’s personal information.
- It is advisable to create a password with alphanumeric(mixed character)
- Use Two-factor Authentication.
- It is a good idea to change your password regularly especially when you do not log in with one device.
If you discover that your UWC account has been compromised here is how to recover it.
To recover, reset or change your UWC password in most require that you contact the school portal administrator. But in a case where the school provides students with a link to change or reset their login password, you have to visit the website.
How to Change/Reset UWC Student Portal Login Password
To change your password, navigate to the university portal and submit your username or your email address. If the University of Western Cape can find you in the database, an email will be sent to your email address, with instructions on how to get access again.