The Better Business Bureau (BBB) has warned consumers to use caution when doing business with Indiana Super Duty, LLC, a business that sells used auto parts on Facebook Marketplace. BBB has received multiple complaints, ScamTracker submissions, and customer reviews that allege that the company has collected payments but failed to deliver a final product. Since January, the company has received seven complaints involving nearly $7,500.00 in consumer funds. The company currently has an “F” rating, the lowest on the BBB scale.
BBB offers the following tips for consumers shopping on Facebook Marketplace
- Always meet the seller and see the item for sale before purchasing. This will help you avoid most scams on
- Facebook Marketplace. This is also true for housing rentals. If you can’t tour the house or apartment before renting it, it’s likely not available.
- Report suspicious activities to BBB Scam Tracker
- Report scams to Facebook. If you’ve encountered a scam on Facebook Marketplace, report them.
- Check BBB Tips. Many sales scams use similar techniques as referenced in the BBB tips for online purchases.