Need to use Find my iPhone From Computer or are you looking for your iPhone and does not know how to find it? Here are the few things you will do to track it to the last location. It happens that we may misplace our phone or it has been stolen, you can get off that crack in your mind once you set up Find My iPhone on your iPhone. It’s the first thing you should do to prevent your device from getting to an unknown location.
Find My iPhone is a unique feature added to your device by Apple company to enable you to find your lost or stolen iPhones. The feature uses the built-in GPS or location services of the device to locate it on a map. It’s one of the features that make the device unique.
With Find My iPhone you can trace your device to whatever location it goes and you can prevent another person from getting into your information. It, therefore, becomes imperative that you set up Find My iPhone earlier before it goes to a destination that you don’t know.
The Find My app makes it easy to locate your Apple devices and keep up with friends and family. It works on iPhone, iPad, and Mac computer
The guides crafted here works on all iOS devices running on iOS 8 and the latest version even the lower version, iOS 5. These include iPads, AirPods, Apple Watches, Macs, and of course, iPhones. It is a free iCloud service.
Setting up Find my iPhone From Computer?
You may have enabled Find My iPhone at the process of activation but if you have not then you follow these instructions to enable it.
It is a good suggestion that you link and set up Find My iPhone on Mac you have. This will enable you to properly monitor and track the device using another phone. This you must set on a compatible device.
- First when you log in to your device with your Apple ID, iCloud turns on automatically. In order to turn on ‘iCloud you get these to do;
- Navigate to Settings on the iPhone
- Click on your name.
- Then choose iCloud from the options
- The section “Apps Using iCloud” will display, navigate to Find My iPhone.
- There you will see whether or not Find My iPhone is turned off, then click Find My iPhone screen to enable on.
The last time I Set Find My iPhone in my computer I was asked to supply the last location of the phone when the battery was about to go off. Where you are asked to provide the last location simply tap ON. Note that your battery must be on at the time of setting it on otherwise it won’t work.
One who wants to utilize this feature should be able to know how to use the Find My iPhone if not the missing or stolen device may not be found.
The importance of this feature is that you can use it to locate your misplaced iPhone. This is good news for those who want frequently forget where they kept their phone. You trace it before you wrongfully accuse another person.
Method of Using Find My iPhone
- Using your favorite web browser, head to iCloud.com, and log in with your Apple ID, it’s the same as iCloud account ID.
- From there choose Find iPhone. In some cases, you may be asked to supply your login details.
- Upon doing the above, iCloud locates your iPhone wherever it goes. Just as I told you before that you need to connect another phone. With another the location of the phone displays on a map where you can easily trace. There is also a green dot that will notify you that the device is online and the gray dot that signifies it’s offline.
- To see the lost iPhone on the map select All Devices and choose the device that you look for.
For the device to give a sign when you get closer to its location choose any the following options:
- Lost Mode: This option will help you to lock and tracks your iPhone wherever it is.
- Play Sound: When you choose this option your iPhone will make Sound. This necessary when you think that the missing device close to you.
- Erase iPhone: This feature deletes your personal information on the iPhone.
Choose the option wisely according to what you want the Find My iPhone feature to do for you.