Home Chef Account – Searching for a guide on how to delete a Home Chef account, you’ve come to the right place. Whether it’s because you think you’ve been spending too much time on the app or if you’re trying to cut ties with the platform or because you have achieved the aim for which you created the account. Each online platform offers its own version of privacy settings and control which you can adjust anytime to keep your privacy safe.
Home Chef is a Chicago, Illinois-based meal kit and food delivery company that delivers pre-portioned ingredients and recipes to subscribers weekly in the United States. Home Chef’s meals cost between $7.49 and $9.94 per serving, depending on which meals you choose.
However, some users don’t believe these controls are enough in light of the privacy & security concerns on online accounts as a whole. Whatever the reason you have, deleting your Home Chef account is really straightforward.
If you want to DeleteHome Chef Account or unsubscribe from the platform, there few things you will have to do. You can delete the account with a PC or mobile phone, your device doesn’t matter, what you need is to follow the required steps.
Getting started, there are in some cases where you will have two different options to get rid of your online accounts (deletion and deactivation). You’ll have to choose which of the options you’d like to take to cancel your accounts.
Option One, Deleting Your Account Permanently: You can delete the Home Chef account permanently, and when that is done, your account your life online will be gone for good and you won’t be able to reactivate the account or retrieve any of the data within it. In addition, you won’t be able to sign up again with the same Email or add the same username to another account.
Option Two, Deactivating Your Account: Deactivating your account temporarily. When you deactivate your account, your online life appearance will be hidden and you won’t be able to get a notification when someone is online, but you can restore all of that information simply by logging in again, and it’ll be as if you never left. This is the right option if you don’t want to be removed entirely from the service for whatever reason.
However, before deleting your Home Chef account, we would suggest taking a few moments to retrieve all your important personal details if any. This may include the media files you saved on your account and all other data linked to the account.
How To Delete Home Chef Account on the Website
- Go to the website on https://www.homechef.com/ and log into your account.
- Click on “Login” in the upper right corner
- If you set up your Home Chef account with a Facebook or Google account, select those options to log in. If not, enter your email address and password with which you created the account and click Continue.
- For the next step, click on your profile picture in the top-right corner of the main screen. A drop-down menu will appear, in which you should click “Account Settings”.
- Click the Account tab on the left-hand side to go to your account-specific settings. At the bottom, near “Account Settings,” click Edit. This should make the Delete button appear; click it.
- You need to confirm that you wish to permanently delete your account. Home Chef will take you to a confirmation page, warning you of what you will be missing if you delete your account. If you are sure that you wish to close the account, click Delete.
- You have to tell them why you’re leaving because they will ask you why you are deleting your account. Click the button beside one of the choices available, and then click “Continue”.
How to Delete Home Chef Account on iPhone
- Locate and open the app on your iPhone.
- Once the app opens, you’ll see the icon on the left side of your iPhone screen, tap on it.
- Tap the gear icon on the top-left. This will open the Settings category.
- Then, Scroll down and tap Privacy.
- Tap Delete Account. This is the last option on the Privacy menu.
- To finally delete the Account, you have to confirm your action.
- Tap Yes in the confirmation window, and continue to the next page where you’ll Provide your Account login credentials.
- Enter your password then tap OK. Confirm that you really want to close the Home Chef Account
- Tap Delete. Wait a few seconds, your account will be deleted.
How to Delete Home Chef Account on Android Phone
Since in some cases Home Chef does not allow Android users to Delete their account on the app, you have to send messages to request the deletion of your Account, you’ll contact Home Chef support through its email address But if there is provision for you to delete Home Chef account on your Android phone, here is how to do it.
- Open the Home Chef app.
- Tap the three lines towards the right of the top navigation bar.
- Scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy.
- Tap Settings from the expanded menu.
- Scroll down and tap Download Your Information.
- Deselect any info you don’t want to be saved (everything is checked by default).
- Select Delete Account and tap Continue to Account Deletion.
- Tap Delete Account.
If you installed Home Chef on your phone, you can just delete it and be on your way. However, if it came pre-installed, you’ll need to go into your phone’s settings and disable the app. Find the app in your app drawer. Hold down on it and drag it up to the Uninstall icon and Tap OK.
Deleting Home Chef By Email
- Locate and Open any of your email apps on your device, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, AOL Mail, GMX Mail, etc.
- Compose a New message and address it to Home Chef.
- Enter on the subject: Request to Delete your Account.
- Enter Home Chefsupport email in the recipient’s box.
- Then come to the body and write your message, stating reasons why you no longer want to use Home Chef.
- Your full account details are required as well, so you need to enter the following details,
- Your full name.
- Email Address.
- Home Chef App Username.
- Your phone number.
Sample of Message you can send.
I with the account name, James, and email address, James44@gmail.com humbly request that you remove my account which I held in your company. I request that all my personal information on the account be deleted from your database. Attached to this are;
Name: James Wilson.
Phone Number: 12345678.
Email Address: James44@gmail.com
Upon receiving your request, Home Chef will delete your account, they will confirm this by sending a message to your Mail that your account has successfully been deleted.
Read Also: How To Delete Wayfair Account.
I hope this article helped you?