OkCupid is a popular dating site, but if you are tired of using it or that you have found another dating site that serves you better, you can get off your profile from OkCupid? The point is that OkCupid makes it a little hard to delete your account, and in some cases, you can only deactivate it from the site. Once you’ve deactivated your account, you’ll need to remove its access to your Facebook profile, and then contact OkCupid about completely deleting the account.
How To Delete OkCupid on the Website
- Go to OkCupid and log into your account.
- Click on “Login” in the upper right corner
- If you set up your OkCupid account with a Facebook or Google account, select those options to log in. If not, enter your email address and password with which you created the account and click Continue.
- For the next step, click on your profile picture in the top-right corner of the main screen on OkCupid. A drop-down menu will appear, in which you should click “Account Settings”.
- Click the Account tab on the left-hand side to go to your account-specific settings. At the bottom, beside “Account Status,” click “Edit”. This should make the Disable button appear; click it.
- You need to confirm that you wish to permanently delete your OkCupid account. OkCupid will take you to a confirmation page, warning you of what you will be missing if you disable your OkCupid account. If you are sure that you wish to close your account, click “Delete”.
- You have to tell OkCupid why you’re leaving because it will ask you why you are closing your account. Click the button beside one of the choices available, and then click Continue.
Be sure to cancel your OkCupid subscription (if you have one) before you decide to delete your account. As soon as you delete your OkCupid account, your profile will be made invisible to other users, and you will lose any “Connections” such as people whom you have liked and who have liked you back. You will also lose access to OkCupid premium features and any other benefits that you had while you were a registered member.
How to Delete OkCupid Account from the app
- Open the OkCupid app on your Android phone or iOS.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top left corner of your screen.
- Tap on the “Settings” icon after your Username.
- On the setting page, select “Account”.
- Tap on the “Edit” icon next to your Account Status.
- Tap “Delete” and Confirm your account deactivation.
How to Delete OkCupid by Email
- Write an email requesting that your account be deleted
- Provide the agent with your account info
- Request for a confirmation code or email as proof of your deletion.
- Send your email to the OkCupid support email and retain the confirmation information you’re given.
How to Delete OkCupid by Phone (Live Agent)
- Contact the business support number, to be sure of the contact number, visit OkCupid website and get the number there.
- Provide the agent with your account details
- Tell the representative that you want to delete your account. You mas from the representative if you will be charged again
- Ask for a confirmation code or email as proof of your deletion and retain the confirmation information you’re given
How To Remove and Delete OkCupid on Facebook
If you subscribed to OkCupid with your Facebook account it means you have to delete it from there else you will still receive unsolicited notification from OkCupidTo unlink the app from your Facebook account follow these steps.
Method 1: How To Remove OkCupid On iPhone and Android
- Open the Facebook app, tap the three-line menu button, It is in the lower-right corner for iPhone, or the top-right on Android), then tap Settings >> Account Settings >> Apps.
- To find the OkCupid apps and other websites that you’ve given access to your Facebook account, tap “Logged in with Facebook.” Tap on OkCupid app to change the type of Facebook data it can see or tap Remove App to block all its access.
- If you don’t want OkCupid accessing your Facebook account, tap Platform (from the Apps and Websites screen), tap “Edit” located under the Apps and Websites, then tap Turn off Platform. Once that’s done, OkCupid will be deactivated, and you won’t find it anymore on your profile.
To block all third-party websites from accessing your Facebook account turn off the Facebook Platform. Once that is done, no third-party apps or websites will be able to access your Facebook profile.
Method 2: How to Remove OkCupid from Facebook on Computer/Browser
- Go to Facebook in your browser, click the little downward arrow in the top-right corner of the page, click “Settings”, then click Apps in the left column.
- To find the OkCupid apps and other websites that you’ve given access to your Facebook account, tap “Logged in with Facebook”. Click OkCupid or change what it can access, or click the little “x” next to its name to delete it.
- To block Facebook access to all apps and websites, click the Edit button under the Apps, Websites, and Plugins title, then click the blue “Disable” Platform button.
If you just want to give yourself a break you can disable your OkCupid account instead of deleting it permanently.