Target Inc. is an American retail corporation. The eighth-largest retailer in the United States, it is a component of the S&P 500 Index. It is a Marketplace where you can buy and sell goods online.
You enjoy various shopping benefits on Target marketplace, but what if you don’t want to use it anymore? Target makes it a little difficult to delete your account, and in some cases, you can only deactivate it from the site. Once you’ve deactivated your account, you’ll need to remove Target access to your Facebook profile, and then contact them about permanently deleting the account. This when you signed up with your Facebook account.
How To Delete Target Account on the Website
In order to delete Target your account, you will need to be logged in.
- Go to Target and log into your account.
- Click on “Login” in the upper right corner
- If you set up your Target account with a Facebook or Google account, select those options to log in. If not, enter your email address and password with which you created the account and click Continue.
- For the next step, click on your profile picture in the top-right corner of the main screen of Target. A drop-down menu will appear, in which you should click Account Settings.
- Click the Account tab on the left-hand side to go to your account-specific settings. At the bottom, beside “Account Status,” click Edit. This should make the Deactivate button appear; click it.
- You need to confirm that you wish to permanently delete your Target account. Target will take you to a confirmation page, warning you of what you will be missing if you deactivate your Target account. If you are sure that you wish to close the account, click Delete.
- You have to tell Target why you’re leaving because they will ask you why you are closing your account permanently. Click the button beside one of the choices available, and then click Continue.
Be sure to cancel your Target pending payments (if you have one) before you decide to delete your account. As soon as you deleted your Target account, your profile will be made invisible to other Target shoppers, and you will lose any “Connections” such as people whom you have liked and who have liked you back. You will also lose access to your Target buying or selling items on the marketplace and any other benefits that you had while you were registered to Target.
How to Delete Target Account from the app
- Open the Target app on your Android phone or iOS.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top left corner of your screen.
- Tap on the Settings icon after your Username.
- On the setting page, select “Account”.
- Tap on the “Edit” icon next to your Account Status.
- Tap Deactivate and Confirm your account deactivation.
How to Delete Target by Email
- Write an email requesting that your account be deleted
- Provide the agent with your account info
- Request for a confirmation code or email as proof of your deletion.
- Send your email to Target support email and retain the confirmation information you’re given.
Here is the sample of the email you may send the Target support email
How to the Account by Phone (Live Agent)
- Contact the business support number, to be sure of the contact number, visit the website on, https://www.target.com/ and get the number there.
- Provide the agent with your account details
- Tell the representative that you want to delete your account. You mas from the representative if you will be charged again
- Ask for a confirmation code or email as proof of your deletion and retain the confirmation information you’re given
How To Remove and Delete Target Account on Facebook
If you created the Target account with your Facebook account it means you have to delete it from there else you will still receive unsolicited notification from Target To unlink the app from your Facebook account follow these steps.
Method 1: How To Remove Target On iPhone and Android
- Open the Facebook app, tap the three-line menu button, It is in the lower-right corner for iPhone, or the top-right on Android), then tap Settings >> Account Settings >> Apps.
- To find the Target apps and other websites that you’ve given access to your Facebook account, tap “Logged in with Facebook.” Tap on the Target app to change the type of Facebook data it can see or tap Remove App to block all its access.
- If you don’t want Target accessing your Facebook account, tap Platform (from the Apps and Websites screen), tap “Edit” located under the Apps and Websites, then tap Turn off Platform. Once that’s done, Target will be unlinked from your Facebook account, and you won’t find it anymore on your profile.
To block all third-party websites from accessing your Facebook account turn off the Facebook Platform. Once that is done, no third-party apps or websites will be able to access your Facebook profile.
Method 2: How to Remove Target from Facebook on Computer/Browser
- Go to Facebook in your browser, click the little downward arrow in the top-right corner of the page, click “Settings”, then click Apps in the left column.
- To find the Target apps and other websites that you’ve given access to your Facebook account, tap “Logged in with Facebook”. Click Target app or change what it can access, or click the little “x” next to its name to delete it.
- To block Facebook access to all apps and websites, click the Edit button under the Apps, Websites, and Plugins title, then click the blue “Disable” Platform button.
That is all, if you have any further question relating this deleting your Target account, drop a comment in the box below. We will reach you as much as possible.
Warning: Do not share your password with anybody even on this blog site, E9et will never ask you for your password. Do your best to secure your online accounts all the time. You can set up Two Factor Authentication.