This article explains how to delete your TransferWise account if you no longer need the service or feature it offers. Although the platform makes it a little difficult, that in some cases, it allows you to deactivate it from the site, after which, you’ll need to send a request for permanent deletion of the account.
TransferWise account deletion needs you to login with your valid username and password. They may restrict you from permanently deleting the account from the website. So that what you will do then is to deactivate and then contact the support staff. E9et on this article teaches you different methods you can use to delete your account.
How to Delete TransferWise Account
There are five (5) different ways in which you can delete the account, on the website, app, by phone, by email, and by removing it from your Facebook account (if connected to Facebook).
Deleting TransferWise Account on the Web
- Go to the website, https://www.transferwise.com and log into your account.
- Click on “Login”, A sign-in form should appear on your screen.
- If you set up your account with a Facebook or Google account, select those options to log in. If not, enter your email address and password with which you created the account and click Continue.
- For the next step, click on “Manage My Account”
- Click “Settings”. This should make the Delete button appear; click on it.
- You need to confirm that you wish to permanently delete your account. If you are sure that you wish to close the account, click on “Yes”.
- State the reason why you want to delete your account, you can select from the options, then click “Continue”. Login in again with your password, your account will be deleted.
Be sure to cancel your subscription (if you have one) before you decide to delete your account. As soon as you delete your TransferWise account, your profile and data will within few days be cleared, and you will lose any “Connections” you had with them.
How to Delete TransferWise Account on the app
- Open the app on your Android phone or iOS.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top left corner of your screen.
- Tap on the Settings icon after your Username.
- On the setting page, select “Account”.
- Tap on the “Edit” icon next to your Account Status.
- Tap Deactivate and Confirm your account deactivation.
How to Delete TransferWise by Email
- Write an email requesting that your account be deleted.
- Provide the agent with your account info.
- Request for a confirmation code or email as proof of your deletion.
- Send your email to … support email and retain the confirmation information you’re given.
Delete TransferWise by Phone (Live Agent)
- Contact the business support number, to be sure of the contact number, visit the website and get the number there.
- Provide the agent with your account details
- Tell the representative that you want to delete your account. You mas from the representative if you will be charged again.
- Ask for a confirmation code or email as proof of your deletion and retain the confirmation information you’re given.
How To Remove TransferWise on Facebook
If you registered TransferWise with your Facebook account it means you have to delete it from there else you will still receive unsolicited notification from the app. To unlink the app from your Facebook account follow these steps.
Method 1: How To Remove TransferWise On iPhone and Android
- Open the Facebook app, tap the three-line menu button, It is in the lower-right corner for iPhone, or the top-right on Android), then tap Settings >> Account Settings >> Apps.
- To find the apps and other websites that you’ve given access to your Facebook account, tap “Logged in with Facebook.” Tap on the app to change the type of Facebook data it can see or tap Remove App to block all its access.
- If you don’t wantTransferWise accessing your Facebook account, tap Platform (from the Apps and Websites screen), tap “Edit” located under the Apps and Websites, then tap Turn off Platform. Once that’s done, the app will be deleted, and you won’t find it anymore on your profile.
- To block all third-party websites from accessing your Facebook account turn off the Facebook Platform. Once that is done, no third-party apps or websites will be able to access your Facebook profile.
Method 2: How to delete TransferWise from Facebook Web
- Go to Facebook in your browser, click the little downward arrow in the top-right corner of the page, click “Settings”, then click Apps in the left column.
- To find the apps and other websites that you’ve given access to your Facebook account, tap “Logged in with Facebook”. Click TransferWise or change what it can access, or click the little “x” next to its name to delete it.
- To block Facebook access to all apps and websites, click the Edit button under the Apps, Websites, and Plugins title, then click the blue “Disable” Platform button.
You can choose to Deactivate your account if you will to make use of it again except you want to create a new account in which case you will need to use a new email, because, TransferWise does not allow creating more than one account with the same email.
Related Article: Quick Tips To Delete Acorns Account.
That is all. If you have any question relating to this article or any other article you have read on our blog site, drop a comment below for further explanation.