NPS Account Login – NPS is a government-sponsored pension scheme. It allows subscribers to contribute regularly to a pension account during their working life. On retirement, subscribers can withdraw a part of the corpus in a lump sum and use the remaining corpus to buy an annuity to secure a regular income after retirement.
The NPS login page is where all the users manage their account. Being unable to login into your account can be frustrating, but most of the issues have easy fixes. Here, we take a look at a few steps you can take to login into your NPS account, change your password and username and recover your account.
Login problems can come from a variety of sources, from both the user side and the platform. If you can’t sign in to your account, it’s possible the service is down or that you made a mistake with your login information. To help you log in to your NPS account this the usual way of accessing it.
There are three different methods that you can use to access your profile on NPS (Website, App, and Facebook).
NPS Login on the Website
1. To login to NPS on the website simply visit the site with a browser of your choice. You should see the login button on the page.
2. Click on the login button, a form for login will appear on your screen.
3. Enter your username and password correctly. If you set up your NPS account with a Facebook or Google account, select those options to log in. If not, enter your email address and password with which you created the account and click Continue. From there, your profile page will open.
NPS Login on the App
Before you log in on your mobile phone, you should download the app on your phone store. If you have already done it and managed to create an NPS profile, it means that you now have access to all available platform features. To start enjoying the features.
1. Open the app on your mobile phone.
2. Enter your Username and Password Correctly.
3. Tap on the “Login” button. From there you will be taken to your profile.
NPS Login with Facebook
I doubt if there if this feature is allowed on NPS. generally, and in addition to the above method of logging account is log in with Facebook. This method saves you the stress of filling up your details from the beginning. So the one major reason why you should log in using your Facebook account is that it becomes easier for you to just let NPS collect your Facebook public information to login you in on its page ( if the feature is available)
With the Facebook login, you won’t have to enter more details about yourself before you can begin to use the site. When you log in with Facebook, NPS Pension scheme website should take the following details, your name, profile picture, birthday, current city, page likes, gender, and email address.
1. To login to NPS pension with Facebook, go to the official website with your web browser. Note that you must have an active Facebook account before you can access your account with this method.
2. Click on the “Login” button that appears on your screen.
3. Select the Login With Facebook icon and you will be taken to the Facebook login page form.
4. Fill out your Facebook email address or phone number and password in their respective boxes.
5. Click on Login and click on “Continue” to access the page.
Where you have an unsuccessful login attempt, NPS should show you a “Forgot Password” button under the password field. No doubt that if you don’t use a password manager, those complex passwords become pretty hard to remember. You can’t really recover that same password, but it’s easy enough to recover your account by resetting your password to something new. Whether you’ve forgotten your password, or have had someone else change it without your permission, NPS offers a pretty simple way to recover your account.
Note that what we’re talking about here is recovering your NPS account if you’ve totally forgotten the login password. Changing your password is a little different—that’s when you know your current password, but just want to change it to a new one. Read below to find how to recover your account.
How to Recover NPS Account
1. To Recover your account try to login so that NPS with show you “Forgot Password” button.
2. Click on the Forgot password link and enter the email address or phone number you used to sign up for your account, this depends on the prompts, and then click on the next button available.
3. The NPS Pension will send a recovery link to your email or SMS code to your phone.
4. Enter the code on the code verification box and click on “Verify”. You will be taken to a page where you create a new password.
5. Create a new password and confirm it on the second box.
6. Click on “Save”.
That is it, you have successfully changed your password.
If you just forgot your password, believe your account is safe, and don’t want to hassle with signing in again on other devices, go ahead and choose the “Stay Logged In” option.
Where the login problem persists it may be other factors that are preventing you from logging in. To help find out what’s keeping you from accessing NPS pension try these strategies.
1. Check the status of NPS, if it’s down.
2. Confirm that your password is correct.
3. Get a fresh start if none of the passwords you remember work.
4. Log in through the website -specific page.
5. Check that Caps Lock isn’t on.
6. Quit and restart the browser.
7. Enable (or disable) your NPS Account Key.
8. Clear the browser’s cookies or clear the cache.
9. Try a different browser.
Users are advised to create a strong password to avoid others guessing and possibly stealing their password. If you need help on how to create a strong password read our guide on how to create a strong password. That is it on changing your login password and recovering your account.
How to Change your Username on NPS
This not recommended on the NPS platform, this is to avoid disparity in your names, but if you picked a username that does not correspond with your bank details, you can always login into your account and change your username on the website through your account settings and the instruction on the website. Generally, the process of changing names on a platform like NPS is extremely easy and takes just a few taps to complete. You can change your username from your account settings menu in either the Computer, Android, or iPhone mobile app.
1. To change your username on NPS open the app or visit the website, login into your account if you haven’t logged in.
2. In the main menu, select “Profile” located on the screen.
3. Tap “Edit profile.”
4. Select “Username.”
5. Enter the new username to replace the old one.
6. Tap “Save.”
In a situation where the username you select isn’t available, you’ll get a notification to that effect at the top of the “Edit profile” page after hitting the “Save” button. You’ll have to go back into the “Username” section to choose another username.
If you found this article helpful I’m sure you’ll also love to receive our updates. Our articles cover issues like account security, password recovery, and how to prevent activities that might cause you to lose access to your account permanently. It’s full of articles helping you solve login problems, stay safe, and give you more confidence with your accounts. Stay updated with new tips to protect your account by visiting this blog next time.
Note that E9et is not affiliated with NPS and will ask for your login detail. Articles here is for informational purposes, Always visit the NPS to get more information about your pension scheme