Last updated on June 28th, 2020 at 08:59 am
MYGov Account Sign In portal – The aim of myGov is to provide Australians with a single online destination for accessing government services with one login and one password.
The MYGov account sign-in page MyGov account gives you access to a whole lot of benefit from the Australian government. This is also called the “Centrelink Account”. However, in order for you to subscribe to the benefits, you will have to go through the MyGov Account sign up process to have an account. Thereafter, you will proceed to MYGov Login procedures to access your data online.
Mygov also referred to as Centrelink is an online scheme which is a creation of the Australian government under the administration of the Department of Human Services and it is one of the safe ways for using government services. Now, it has been upgrading its account to myGov. The essence of having a MyGov sign-in account where you enter your details is not overhyped.
How To Create and Set Up Mygov Account
It offers services like reporting income, submits a claim, receives payment, submits and receives documents, and many other government services for most categories of people like unemployed, families, students, parents, people with disabilities, Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultures and groups.
The Centrelink report has recorded a lot of success over the years. Today, we are going to show you the necessary steps for you to take to create, set up & sign in to myGov account. Meanwhile, you will have to have a Centrelink online account for you to access and enjoy the above benefits. Hence, we included the steps for MYGov registration.
We are going to start with how to create MyGov account online and then proceed with how to Sign in to MYGov after which we shall talk about how to reset your password and username if lost which are options available in the account settings for MYGov users.
How to Create MyGov Account online
Follow the guide below to register for my Gov account now:
- Proceed to the official website here on centrelink.gov.au.
- To create a new account, click on the “Register Now” in blue color below to see the registration page.
- You will have three options for registration; choose the best options for you.
- If you have Centrelink reference number shortly known as CRN, it will be easy for your registration, but if you don’t have, then you have to select the other options.
- You can also find your Centrelink reference number in the letters or cards that you have received from Centrelink.
- Those who have CRN no., you can just enter your CRN no. in the first options and Click Continue.
- After that, follow the instruction carefully.
- If you don’t have your CRN number, then you can choose your last option and click.
You can also visit the nearby service center to get your CRN no. You have to provide your details first
- Then, you have to fill your details accordingly.
- First, you have to enter your personal details.
- Then, you have to enter your address details
- that Click on continue to proceed and follow the remaining instructions carefully.
How to Sign in To Account Before or After Creation
The MYGov Account Sign in steps are very easy and we have listed them down for you below to assist you. Check them below
- Proceed to https://www.centrelink.gov.au/Login
- Enter your Customer access number (CAN) in the first section and then enter your password.
- Click on the Next to proceed and follow the steps accordingly.
- If your Customer access number and password are correct; your account will open.
How to Reset or Change MYGov Account Sign in Password or Username
Here are the simple steps you should follow if you have forgotten your password.
- Proceed to https://www.centrelink.gov.au/Login
- Click on I have forgotten my password.
- Then, a password reset page will open.
- Enter your CRN no. and click
- Now, you will be asked some of the security questions you have set up earlier at the time of registration.
- Give the correct answers, and you will be able to reset your password.
These all you need to successfully register MyGov account, MYGov login Australia and how to reset or change MYGov Sign in detail. If there is any other information that you seek and you didn’t find it here please make use of the comment session and let us know.
For those who may be wondering what they stand to gain after MyGov account sign up, there are numerous are accessible by members only. MyGov services include;
- Australian Taxation Office
- My Health Record
- Australian JobSearch
- Child Support
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- My Aged Care
- National Disability Insurance Scheme
- National Redress Scheme
- HousingVic Online Services
Using myGov’s ‘Update Your Details’ service, you can update your address and contact details and the changes are sent to all your linked government agencies.
How to Set Up & Use myGov
Although the federal government may make changes to the myGov service over time, the first step when connecting with myGov is to create a myGov account:
- Go to my.gov.au and select Create a myGov account.
- Enter an email address. (This address can only be used by one person and cannot be shared with another myGov account, such as one held by your partner.)
- You will be emailed a confirmation code, which you enter into your account application.
- You will be asked if you wish to add a security code to your account (see below).
Create a password.
- Choose and answer three secret questions. (These should be ones only you can answer, are easy to answer, and those answers are unlikely to change over time.)
- This process creates your myGov account. You will also receive an email with your myGov username. You can also choose to use your email address or mobile phone number to log in.
How to create links to government agencies
Once you have set up a myGov account, you can link it to various government agencies. For example, to link to the ATO:
- Log into your myGov account.
- Go to the Services page and find the ATO listing and select to start the linking process.
- Agree to myGov storing your legal name and date of birth.
- Provide additional information to identify your ATO record:
- If you have an ATO online account, use your Tax File Number (TFN) and ATO account password to link myGov.
- If you don’t have an ATO online account, confirm your identity by answering a series of questions specifically related to you, such as your TFN, given name, surname, and date of birth. This information must match exactly the details held by the ATO.
- If your details have changed since you last dealt with the ATO, you will need to update them before you can complete the link. (Visit ato.gov.au and search for ‘updating your details’.)
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Answer two questions from information in:
- a notice of assessment received in the past five years
- a PAYG payment summary received in the past two years
- a super account statement from the past five years
- a dividend statement from the past two years
- a Centrelink payment summary from the past two years
your bank account details (This must be the account you had your income tax refund paid into last year or one that has earned interest in the past two years)
That’s all we have for you on how to create, set up, sign in, and use MyGov account.