If you have Nokia 2 Android or another series from Nokia and you want to set the Hotspot service feature in it then you are welcome, here we teach you how to do hotspot settings on Nokia. It will take few minutes and number of clicks for your Nokia 2 Android hotspot set up to be completed.
But before we continue to Nokia 2 Android Hotspot Settings, it’s wise you understand what Phone Hotspot is.
What is Hotspot?
Hotspot is a feature in Smartphones which allows sharing of mobile internet connection with another device. With this feature, you can use your phone as a modem and share internet connection with other connected devices. This development is really drowning the use of Modem in computers. On configuring your mobile phone internet service you connect to as many desktops and phone as you want.
Mobile potable internet connection has made it easier for those who has computer not to spend on buying modem as they can connect internet from their phone. Gone are days when you will buy data plan separately for your smartphone and computer.
Nokia 2 Hotspot Setting Process
- Swipe down your Nokia screen and tap Settings icon
- Tap on Network & Internet. Upon this action, another dropdown menu will appear.
- Tap on Hotspot & tethering.
- Then, Tap on the option that says Portable Wi-Fi hotspot to put the hotspot on. Once it’s on the round button on the right will turn to blue.
- To use your name and change the default password, tap on Set up hotspot Wi-Fi.
- Proceed and tap on Nokia which will be the network name. Enter your preferred name.
- The name will appear on other device connected to your hotspot.
- Tap on space for Password and type in password of your choice
Other Nokia 2 Hotspot Android Settings
Mobile Hotspot also has the feature that allows you to choose the way you can connect with other device. Someone you want to share your mobile internet connect can be connected through Bluetooth. What do you do when you want to automatically share your mobile Hotspot using Bluetooth, simply, tap Bluetooth tethering round icon. That’s all.
The bad side of sharing internet through Bluetooth is the password free access. Anyone who connects to your Bluetooth automatically browses with your Mobile Wi-Fi. So, it’s not advisable you to share Hotspot through the Bluetooth.