In this post, you will learn how to login into your Optimum email on a browser or mobile app, how to recover your password and fix login problem you have on the website. The login is usually as simple as entering your username and password in the properly labeled text boxes of the webmail. Keep in mind that use the email app will not allow you to have access to all the setting features on your account. So if you are logging into your email to effect any change like editing your password or username you have to use a browser or PC.
Optimum Email is a service offered by Optimum, a company located in Altice USA. The services They provide include TV services, internet, and VoIP phone services. It is one of the largest telephone service provider in the US. The Company provides mailing services to enable its customers to access their services online. Here is how to manage the mail services:
Optimum Email Login On the Browser
1. Open your web browser and visit the website with this link, https://www.optimum.net/login?area=webmail. Wait for the page to display the login form/ Navigate to the Login button on that page.
2. Enter your username (it may be your phone number or @optimum.net) and password like on the image below.
3. If you enabled Two-Factor Authentication retrieve the two-factor authentication code from your phone’s Messages or the authenticator app and enter it in the field provided.
4. Click ‘Sign in to Optimum’ and wait for your profile to load. This should take only a few seconds.
That is it on how to log in to the email with a browser. It works best with the latest versions of the following browsers – Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge.
Now let us see how to login Optimum Email on email app even when you don’t have the mail app
Optimum Email Login with app
If you wish to be accessing your Optimum email with the email app, you should first go to your mobile phone store and download it if you don’t already have it installed.
Then, open the app and enter your email address and password, you’ll now have access just like in your browser. If the email is not or longer available on the app store what will you do? It is simple, what I normally do is to use a third-party email app like Gmail, Yahoo, or Outlook app. Here is how I do my email settings on the Gmail app and will be receiving and sending messages directly with my phone.
How to Add Optimum Email on Gmail App
- Log in to your main Gmail account.
- Click the Settings gear icon and select Settings.
- Click the Accounts and Import or Accounts tab.
- Click Add a mail account in the “Check mail from other accounts” section.
- Type the Optimum email address you want to link, and then click Next.
- Select Link account with Gmail, and then click Next.
- Follow the steps on the screen, then click Next or Sign in.
- Enter your Optimum password.
This is it, you can now send and receive messages from Optimum Internet on the Gmail app.
On all the steps I teach you, you must use your correct username and password. In case you don’t know your password, follow these steps to change and recover your Optimum email account.
How to Reset Optimum Internet Password
To Reset Optimum email a working phone number or secondary (alternative) email account is required so that the website can provide you information about the request. Users can use any active email account, even one belonging to trusted friends or relatives. If you forget your email address, you’ll need to provide your name, age, and phone number or email linked to your account. That is where Optimum email sends you a code or link with which to create a new password.
1. To recover your password go to the login page, you will see ‘Forgot Password’ link.
2. Select the option that you need, you will see options like ‘I forgot my Optimum ID’ or ‘I forgot my password’ depending on your selection. After you clicked on the recovery option, enter your alternative email or phone number to receive a recovery code from the Optimum website. Enter the code immediately on the code verification box and click ‘Verify’
The login process is quite easy and simple but if you have followed the process above and you could not have access to your account Optimum internet then you need to check the cause with the help of the items listed below. Let me remind you that you can now create an email with a phone number.
Causes of Optimum Email Login Problems
There are a number of reasons why you can’t log in to your Optimum account online which are:
1. Incorrect password and Username
If you can’t log in to your Optimum account or you are getting an “incorrect password” message, it means either that you have forgotten the password or you are typing it wrongly. This is the same when you enter the wrong username. You can type the email address or password somewhere else to ensure that they are correct before you input them into their respective boxes
2. Cache, cookies, and History
The accumulated cache, cookies, and footprints can prevent you from logging into your email, so, clear them on your browser and try logging in again.
3. Two Factor Authentication
One of the major cause now is Two Factor Authentication. Two-step verification is a recently-introduced security function preventing people from logging in without two forms of identification regardless of how much information is known about their account. If you have ENABLED the two-step verification you must bypass the verification.
In that case, what you need to do is to use the code that will be sent to you on your mobile phone or through the Two Factor Authentication app to log in.
4. Caps-lock is ON/OFF
You may be having an Optimum online login problem because the password field is case sensitive. If the caps-lock is on, there are chances that you experience errors while trying to access your account. Thus, make sure that the caps-lock is ON or OFF depending on whether you used Capital or small letters to create the password during sign up.
5. Outdated Browser
The login issue may occur as a result of an outdated version of a browser, hence update the browser to the latest version and re-sign in.
6. Hacked Optimum email account
If someone has hacked your account, you cannot log in to the account. In such a case, you should first recover it and then login.
7. Malware or virus
If your device has a virus it will prevent you from logging in to your mail account. It can create issues and login error is one of them. Delete the virus from your device and re-login.
8. Optimum Server May be Down
If server is down for everyone, then neither you nor anyone can log in. You can either use a third party like Sitdownrightnow and Downdetector website to check if the website is down.
How to Secure your Optimum Email Account Online
- Use a strong password.
- Enable two-step verification
- Check your backup contact methods
- Check account activity Regularly
- Update Password and Two-Factor Authentication
- Review Your Devices.
To access your email, point your browser to www.optimum.net and click ‘Sign in’ on the page. When prompted, enter your username and password. Your username will be everything before the “@” symbol in your email address. Example; firstname.lastname@example.org. Your password will be the corresponding password for that account.