This is to bring to you Rhodes information for candidates wishing to apply for the 2020 Rhode scholarship to study in the UK. The application is still ongoing and interested students are advised to know the requirements before applying. This award is aimed at sponsoring West African students to pursue their Master’s programs in the UK.
Rhodes supports excellence and exceptional students to further their educational career at the University of Oxford. What you need as an applicant is to find out if you satisfy the criteria to become a Rhodes scholarship award winner, proceed to the application portal, and apply.
The University of Oxford is well-known for her academic excellence and this, it has proven to the world on many fronts. The university has for years produced many known scholars across Africa and the rest of the world. Like other scholarships, the Rhodes scholarship for West African students is awarded annually, and the requirements remain the same. It is awarded based on your academic performance.
The Rhodes Scholarship for West African Students is a fully-funded scholarship, which covers your tuition fee, accommodation, Feeding, and all other expenses. Candidates are to submit a certified copy of their certificate, a national identity card, and a valid passport, an official transcript from the college or university with the evidence of residency within the region for at least five of the last ten years.
Requirements for the Scholarship
- Applicants must come from West Africa
- Must have reached the 19th and not have passed the 26th birthday by 1 October 2020
- Must be determined to represent African in International competitions
- The Applicant should have completed an undergraduate degree from a college or university with the highest classification your University awards
- Must be able to communicate and write in English.
- Must have or be eligible for the relevant visa.
- Host Country: NA
- Host Institution: The Rhodes Trust
- Target Country: Candidates from Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe and Togo.
- Programs: Postgraduate
- Scholarship worth: Fully-funded
Deadline for the Application
The submission of application will close on 30th September 2020