Transferwise is a payment gateway that offers online banking, e-wallets solutions, and more to its users. It is an online payment platform used by businesses and individuals to transfer, and receive money within and outside the country. It makes online transactions fast and easy with its security features. This is why as a user of Transferwise you’ll have a unique ID for your login.
In this article, we will show you how to create and login to your Transferwise account including other information you need to secure the account, like setting up two-factor authentication to prevent unauthorized access. Logging in to Transferwise account is a simple and straightforward process that can be done within a few minutes.
Transferwise payment gateway is used by businesses and individuals because of its enhanced security, strict policies against fraudulent activities, and easy-to-use interference. The platform closes accounts at any reasonable suspicion of fraudulent activities on any account. So you must have a genuine reason to enjoy the services Transferwise offers.
Transferwise app is available on mobile on Android and iOS operating systems. The app serves as a convenient, though less fully-featured version of the mobile site. The app doesn’t let you change most of your account settings, but you can create and login to your account, send, receive, deposit, and withdraw money. For any reason, you cannot download the app, you can always use your mobile browser to access the website.
To be able to use Transferwise for your online transaction, you must have Transferwise account. Creating the account is easy and straightforward like the login. If you have not created the account, here is how to register for Transferwise account. You can use a mobile phone that has internet accessibility features or a desktop.
How to Create Transferwise Account
Creating Transferwise account for yourself is simple. However, there’s more to it than just entering your name and email address. You should follow the steps and requirements:
1. First, you have to sign up for Transferwise by visiting the website or using the app or clicking here >> https://wise.com/.
2. Click the “Sign Up” button in the top-right corner of the screen and choose the account type you want: Personal Account or Business Account.
3. You’ll be asked to enter an email or phone number. After that, you’ll fill out the form that includes your name and password.
4. After that click “Continue” and then fill out the second form by selecting your nationality and typing in your address, and any other required details.
5. Transferwise will create your account once you click “Continue”, but you’re far from done just yet.
You will need to link your Transferwise Account to a bank account so you can deposit or withdraw money. Although this is optional, without it, your account will be limited. You will have withdrawal and deposit limits.
6. Lastly, verify your email address by clicking the link in the email sent to you by Transferwise.
After you have successfully created Transferwise account and it has been verified according to Transferwise requirements, your account is now ready for you to receive payment, make a payment, check balance, view transaction history, and check payment status.
Transferwise Login on Web (Guide)
You can log in to your account and make or check your transaction using the Transferwise website or the app.
1. Go to the Transferwise login page on your web browser.
2. Enter the email or phone number you used to register your Transferwise.
3. Then next is to enter your account password.
4. Lastly, click “Log In”.
If you have enabled two-factor authentication on the account, you will have to also enter the code that will be sent to your phone or the authenticator app depending on your settings.
Transferwise Login Via App
Download the Transferwise app if you do not have it on your phone from the Google Play Store for Android users or App Store for iOS users.
1. Launch the app and tap on the login button.
2. Enter the email or phone number you used to register your Transferwise
3. Enter your password and then, click Log In.
Remember that asides from using the app to login to your account. You can also use the Transferwise mobile website version to also your account, use the website login steps above.
Transferwise Login Not Working
It happens sometimes that some Transferwise users have difficulty logging into their accounts. If you find yourself in this scenario, visit the login page and click on the “forgot password” link. Then enter the email with which you registered your account. You will receive Transferwise password reset link to send to you in the email.
Next is open your email and click on the link and change your password from there. Create a new password that you can remember whenever you want to login into your Transferwise account. However, don’t use your name or phone number as a password as it can easily be guessed by people who know you or hackers.
If you are sure that your Transferwise login details are correct and you still can’t access your account, the first thing you should do is to check if Transferwise has been affected by any known issues. Check the company’s official Twitter account and go to DownDetector to see if other users complained about similar problems.
How to Add Transferwise Two-Step Verification
Two-step verification adds a second layer of protection to your Transferwise accounts in addition to your regular password.
For example, if you have two-step verification enabled in Transferwise even if an unauthorized person logs into your account, they will not be able to gain access without the two-step code.
Here’s how to set up two-step verification for Transferwise:
1. Go to the Transferwise website and login into your account.
2. Click on “Settings” (the cog or gear icon after the bell icon) to the page.
3. Click on “Security”.
4. Under 2-step verification, click “Set Up”.
You should now see the two major options you can choose from when setting up two-factor authentication in Transferwise. You can either use an authenticator app or an SMS code. Authenticator apps generate one-time passwords (OTP) each time you want to log in to your account.
5. To receive login code through SMS:
- Select “Text” me a code and set It up.
- Enter your phone number, then a code will be sent to your phone, enter the 6-digit code.
- Click on “Confirm”.
- Tap Done to finish setup.
6. If you want to use the authenticator app to set up two-factor authentication for your Transferwise account:
- Select “Use authenticator app”. Microsoft Authenticator and Google Authenticator are good options, and are both available via PlayStore and App Store.
- Then scan the QR code or enter the secret key below the QR code into your authenticator app.
- Enter the 6-digit code displayed in the authenticator app.
- Click on “Confirm”. You’ll see a message confirming “You’ve successfully added two-step verification login to your Transferwise account”.
- Click “Done” to complete the set up.
Never reply to a request that asks you to send personal information to increase your Transferwise withdrawal limit. Transferwise never requests these types of emails, and will never ask you to enter personal information.