In order to study in US, you will need to have a student F1 Visa, which serves as a US student visa for the duration of your stay. In some cases, you may not need a study permit if your course or program lasts six months or less. However, it may be a good idea to apply for a Visa before you think of traveling to US anyway, else, if you decide you want to continue your studies in the country your application may be declined.
The US is a great country and a hotspot destination for worldwide tourists, workers, businessmen, and students. The millions of visitors and immigrants travel the US every year with their different goals, ambitions, and future goals. The diverse culture, favorable Government Policies, visionary leadership, and ideal working, business, and study environment suit the immigrants with different objectives and ambitions.
To study in US, apart from gaining academic excellence, you also need to be efficient in the English language, for which you also need to submit the English Language Proficiency Exam Score along with other required documents as I listed below this article.
General US Visa Requirements For Study, Appointment & Work Visa
The Student F1 Visa also needs proof of Funds or your Financial Capacity, it is one of the main requirements of the student visa application. This assures the government that the students can pay for the fees as well as the normal living expenses during the stay in the country. To this end, you will be required to submit your bank statement
How is Student Life in US?
US is one of the best countries to live, work, business, and study, It is an Advanced nation with a strong economy, Transparent Government policies, beautiful cities, and has Excellent Living standard of the residents. The US is the most conducive environment for students, Now wonder the world best universities are located in the US.
There basically three types of US Student Visa
- F-1 Student Visa: Every foreign student need F-1 Student Visa to study at an accredited US college or university or to study English at an English language institute
- J Exchange Visa: This visa is for participation in an exchange program, including high school and university study
- M Student Visa: This is for non-academic or vocational study or training in the US
Student F1 Visa Requirements
As a student who wants to travel to the US for your education, you’ll need to arrange the necessary documents, which includes immigration forms, and other documents which may be copies of financial documents such as bank statements.
- Certificate of qualification for non-immigrant student
- proof of your SEVIS fee
- Proof of your online visa form (DS-160) for a non-immigrant student
- Passport with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States, and any old passports you may have
- A proof of your financial background or any financial aid you may receive in the period of your studies
- Two recent color photos of yourself, one physical, one digital. These must also meet US immigration’s image requirements
- Transcripts, test scores, qualifications, or certificates from schools you have attended.
US Study Visa Time
Since applying for a visa takes a long process, it may take some time to process the application. It depends on the type of application you submitted, the duration of the stay, and the place the application is being processed. It takes days to get a student visa. It also varies from one country to another.
The US student visa will only allow you to start your studies in US at what are called Designated Learning Institutions (DLI). The study permit allows you to stay in US until your program ends and in some cases work while you are enrolled in school or work after you graduate. To keep the US student visa, you must fulfil the conditions mentioned above.