UCSF Medical Center provides students with an official UCSF Edu email address to allow the school to communicate with its students in a more secure way. The reason for this is that the school sends emails to your personal email accounts, there is a possibility that you may not receive the information. On the other hand, if UCSF Medical Center sends you email to your official student account, there is very little chance of you not receiving it. Only new students who have never applied to UCSF Medical Center before will receive an email to their personal email address.
UCSF Medical Center upon your registration as a student sends you email. The email will always be sent to your UCSF Edu Email account. But if you are a new student who has never applied to UCSF Medical Center before, you’ll receive UCSF Medical Center welcome message to your personal email address that you provided in your application. This welcome email will contain instructions for setting up your UCSF account – this is needed to activate your UCSF Email account, where all future emails from the school management will be sent.
It is recommended you check your UCSF Edu Email at least once a day to make sure you stay updated with the school information. Keep reading for instructions on logging into your Student Email account.
The UCSF Medical Center official email goes to your edu email address hosted by your school email provider. This includes messages sent by Admissions & Records, Counseling, Financial Aid, as well as your Instructors and Deans.
To be able to receive email from UCSF Medical Center, you have to claim and activate your UCSF Email account. Once your account is created, your student email account will be activated at the same time. You will use your MyUCSF password for your student Email account.
How to Activate UCSF Edu Email
To get your UCSF Medical Center student email account, you only need to do one thing!
1. Create your UCSF Account
2. Go to UCSF.edu to complete this step
If you have already done this, you are all set to start using your UCSF email!
NOTE: Only students who enrolled and/or registered are eligible to have UCSF email addresses.
UCSF Edu Email Login
As you probably understand, your MyUCSF username makes up the first part of your new student email address. You have 4 options to access your UCSF Edu Student Email:
1. Login to the UCSF Medical Center Portal at UCSF.edu with your username and password. In the top right section of the page (or in the middle of the page on your phone or tablet), click/tap on the link to open up your student email account. This section of the Portal will also show you how many unread emails are waiting for you in your inbox.
2. Go to https://email.ucsf.edu/ and enter in your UCSF Student Email address, then click the “Next” button. You will then be redirected back to Microsoft Outlook to login with your username and password.
3. Use the Microsoft Outlook mobile app to login with your Student Email address and password.
4. Add your UCSF Edu Student Email account to your home computer’s email app – just select email the provider, then type in your Email address and password.
That is all about UCSF Edu email.