You can easily block and unblock someone on Facebook. From rekindling old friendships to enduring someone spamming your Facebook timeline, everything happens daily. But when it gets too much, Facebook will let you take steps to stop happening again.
That is when you can take help of the block option. One may be curious as to what happens when you block someone on Facebook? In simple words, the blocked profile won’t be able to see your posts or react to it. So here I will be teaching the ways to unblock someone on Facebook so that you decide to continue interacting with those on your blocked list you can easily do it by yourself. We also help you in understanding what happens after blocking someone on Facebook.
One thing you should know is that Blocking doesn’t delete the old comments or likes from each other’s profile. What this means is the blocked person will be able to see your old comments on their profile, and similarly, you will be able to see their comments on your profile but the likes will always disappear from each other’s view until you unblock them. Since you aren’t able to view each other’s profile, you won’t be able to comment/like on old or new pictures during the block period it becomes necesssary that you unblock them.
Open your Facebook, login if necessary, and navigate to your profile (the steps to get there will differ slightly depending on the type of phone you have; for example, you may need to tap the profile icon on the bottom toolbar, or you may need to tap your profile picture in the top-left side of the screen and then tap “Profile”).
- Go to your profile by tapping on your name on the top right corner:
- Scroll down to your friend’s list and click on it.
- Locate the person you want to block from there by searching his/her name in the search bar.
- Navigate the cursor on their name until you see a small pop-up depicting their short bio.
Blocking someone on Messenger
Facebook messenger and Facebook has differents with which you can use to block
When you block someone, they’ll no longer be able to contact you (ex: send you messages, call you) on Messenger or on Facebook chat.
- Open a conversation with the person you want to unblock
- Tap their name at the top of the conversation
- Scroll down and tap unblock
- Tap next to unblock Messages
- Open the conversation with the person you want to unblock
- Tap, scroll down and then tap unblock
- Tap unblock all messages
When you block people Facebook, you also won’t be able to see their profile. However, if you block and then unblock someone, you will remove this follower without giving up access to their profile. unless they are on private, in which case, you would have to send them friend request.
How to Block someone on Facebook
- On Facebook app, click the down-arrow icon in the top right and then select “Settings”
On the left side of your Settings page, click “Blocking”.
- Locate the “Block users” section, and click the blue “Unblock” link beside the name of the person you want to unblock.
- Tap “Confirm” to officially unblock that person.
You should know that that when you block someone on Facebook, you will also automatically unfriend them. Unblocking them will not automatically add them as a friend again, you will need to send them a separate friend request after you unblock them otherwise you they won’t be on your friend list.