Vanier Canada graduate scholarship is an award of excellence that is aimed at encouraging research in the following fields; Health research, Natural sciences and/or engineering research, Social sciences, and humanities research.
Nominations for the Vanier Canada Scholarship are calculated and selected based on three criteria, which is weighted on the level ground of academic Excellence, Research Potential, Leadership (Potential and Demonstrated Ability)
Candidates for the Vanier Canada graduate scholarship must be nominated by a Canadian institution. Candidates should only seek a nomination from the institution at which they want to study.
- Applicants must be willing to study for a full-time doctorate in the summer semester
- The applicant must be pursuing his or her first doctorate degree in a significant field.
- The applicant must not have completed doctoral studies for more than 20 months as of May 2021.
- Must have not completed more than 32 months of full-time studies in their doctoral program by May 2021 if they were accelerated from a bachelor’s program into a Ph.D. program.
- The applicant must have gotten a first-class average in the last two years of full-time studies.
- You must not have been awarded scholarships from CIHR, NSERC, or SSRRC to pursue a doctoral degree.
- Host country: Canada
- Institution: Canadian institutions
- Target country: Canadian citizens, Permanent residents of Canada, Foreign citizens
- Program: Doctoral Studies
- Scholarship worth: $50,000 per year for three years during the doctoral studies
- Courses: Health research, Natural sciences and/or engineering research, Social sciences, and humanities research.
Application closes in November 2020
Portal for the Application
To apply or learn more about that scholarship, visit the website at, https://vanier.gc.ca/en/home-
Successful will be notified through the email.