GoLive Player is like a special box for your TV, tablet, or phone. It helps you watch videos on these devices.
Imagine having your very own TV portal with the IPTV Player app. With it, you can stream TV content from your internet provider or other IPTV sources. While it doesn’t come pre-loaded with playlists, think of it as your TV’s best friend.
It’s the tool that makes watching online TV a breeze, offering a seamless, user-friendly experience that lets you customize your viewing by adding your preferred playlists and accessing a world of online content. It is similar to Gen2TV.
Golive Player not working or loading is a common problem that users may encounter with using Golive Player on FireStick. The Golive Player feature on the FireStick TV is not working, even though it was working after your registration.
There are a few things you can do to fix this bug from your FireStick device. Here in this article, we will tell you why and how to troubleshoot Golive Player if it is not working on the Firestick homepage error.
Reasons Why Golive Player Is Not Working on FireStick
There are several reasons your Golive Player is not working on FireStick, loading an error message, or is not unavailable. The issue may come from connection issues, registration issues, problems with your Wi-Fi router, or outdated FireStick software that requires updates.
The FireStick not connecting to Wi-Fi is the most common cause of Golive Player not working or loading properly. Try connecting to the same Wi-Fi connection with your smartphone or another smart device to see if it’s working.
Another common problem with Golive Player not working on FireStick is that the app is outdated or does not support the latest version of FireStick. You need to check to see if your device supports the app.
Also, the reason, why Golive Player may be unresponsive on your FireStick, is incompatibility. FireStick device supports a particular version of every application and will say unavailable on FireStick if it’s not compatible with Golive Player. This happens when you are using an older version of the device. Here is how to fix the errors:
How to Fix Golive Player Not Working Issues on Firestick
If your Golive Player downloaded app is not working as expected, clear the app cache and data, or restart your FireStick device. Other common solutions are.
1. Fix Internet Connection
Some users reported that their Golive Player app works slowly, and it could be due to a slow internet connection. So, check the internet connection and ensure it is connected to your Firestick. If you have an unstable internet connection then you can check if the network problem is caused by your device::
- Turn off your Amazon FireStick.
- Unplug your Modem and Router from the power source.
- Then wait for a minute before you plug your modem and router back into the power source.
- Wait for the lights to turn on back.
- Turn on your FireStick.
- Reconnect your FireStick to the internet.
You also need to carry out a speed test to ensure there is enough bandwidth to load the app and run it.
2. Update the App
Next, you need to update the app to make its streaming smooth and unforgettable. Here are the steps to update the Golive Player app using Firestick.
- Open your Fire Stick TV tap on the Search icon, and type Golive Player.
- Press your remote on the app icon, and select Update.
- Wait for a minute and allow the app to finish updating.
- Then press your remote on Open, and your Firestick will update the app.
3. Restart the FireStick
If the methods above did not fix the issues, you should restart the Firestick. Here is how to reboot your FireStick:
- Press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds, and click on Settings.
- Select My Fire TV, and scroll down.
- Select Restart, and your Firestick will reboot.
It may take a few minutes to finish up, so wait for the screen to load and relaunch the Golive Player app.
4. Clear The Cache
If Golive Player is still not working then it could be caused by corrupted cached data. The app tends to keep frequently used data to speed up their process however this saved data can also get corrupted and cause issues such as preventing Golive Player from working on your FireStick. To resolve this you will need to clear the cache.
How to Clear Cache on Golive Player
- Go to the Settings menu on Fire TV Home.
- Select Applications.
- Scroll down to Manage Installed Applications.
- Select the Golive Player app on your FireStick.
- Scroll down to Clear cache and press on it.
5. Update Your FireStick Device
Sometimes the error can be caused by a bug available in the current operating system that your FireStick is using. Try getting the latest version of the Amazon Firestick software as this will come with new enhancements, features, and bug fixes that could solve this issue.
How to Update FireStick
- Open your FireStick Settings.
- Select My Fire TV.
- Click on About, and select Check for Updates.
- Select Install update if there is a new update available.
Once the software updates itself, the Firestick will reboot. Now try to launch the app.
7. Reinstall the Golive Player App
If none of the above steps makes the app work, you could try reinstalling it. Reinstalling the app will fix several problems, such as getting the latest version, and the cache will be restored. Just follow these steps, and you are good to go:
- Go to the Applications menu and select Settings.
- Click Manage Installed Applications and scroll until you find Golive Player.
- Click on Golive Player and choose Uninstall.
- Press the Home button and click on the Search icon.
- Type Golive Player and search for the app.
- Download the app back.
8. Update Your Router’s Firmware
An outdated router may cause Golive Player and FireStick incompatibility. If that’s the case, try updating the router’s software as demonstrated below:
- Sign in to your router web portal
- Go to Settings and click Admin or “System.”
- Open Firmware Update or “Router Update
- Tap Apply to start the updates
- Once complete, restart the router, and it should be working now.
Why is the Golive Player Icon Not Showing
Another issue you might encounter with your Amazon Fire TV Stick is when it does not load your Golive Player app or show the icon.
The reason the app icon didn’t work for you, and why there is no way for you to change the app icon for Golive Player apps, is because FireStick pulls the icon of official apps from an Amazon server and not from the app/APK itself. Even if you edit the icon in the APK of an official app, the Fire TV will still use the icon image stored on Amazon Appstore for that app.
If you want to edit the icon, you need to delete the app from your list of apps on Amazon. Then uninstall the Golive Player app from your FireStick, clear cache/data for the Appstore app on FireStick, sync account data on Fire TV, restart the FireStick, then sideload the APK with the icon edited.
Whenever the Golive Player is not working on your Firestick, you can follow the steps above and resolve the issue. Make sure to update your app and keep the Firestick updated to avoid such problems in the first place. Next, you should have a fast internet connection.