What does PPSSPP mean? The full meaning of the abbreviation is “PlayStation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably” It is a free PSP emulator that enables you to play games on operating systems like, macOS, Android, Windows, MeeGo, Pandora, Xbox Series, Linux, iOS, Nintendo WiiU, Nintendo Switch and more.
To play PPSSPP games on your phone you need to download and install a PSP emulator. This will enable it to run PlayStation games on your phone (Android). Once you install the PSP Android emulator, you can play all kinds of PlayStation games with your phone.
On this page, you’ll learn how to download and install PPSSPP games on your phone. This tutorial is for Android and iOS phones users only.
For these settings to work for you, you need to have an Android device with a maximum storage space of 1GB of RAM.
Your Android must have a newer operating system. Once you get all these in place, you will be able to play the PPSSPP game on your phone.
How to Download PPSSPP Games on Android Phone (Android)
1. Install the PPSSPP Android Emulator
The first step you have to take is to install the PPSSPP emulator app. You can also find other emulator apps that serve the same purpose as PPSSP but in this article, we’ll be teaching you about the most popular and used emulator called PPSSPP.
This emulator has two different versions (the free version and paid version).
PPSSPP free version displays ads to the users while the paid version which costs $4.99 doesn’t show ads when in use.
Meanwhile, if you don’t want to pay to purchase the PPSSPP you can download the premium Mod APK. we don’t recommend doing this – it is better you use the free version as MOD APKs can be harmful to your phones.
2. Get PPSSPP Android Games
After installing the PPSSPP Android emulator, you should now find a PPSSPP game to play.
You can play any kind of Android game once you’ve successfully installed the PPSSPP emulator.
To play your PSP Android game, the game must be converted into .ISO or .CSO files so it can work on your PSP Android emulator.
This simply means that these games come in .ISO or .CSO format and are later compressed using a files compressor app such as Xplore, WinRAR, ZArchiver, etc.,
So now, the next step is to, decompress the compressed PPSSPP games file, here is how to do it.
3. Install ZArchiver on Your Android
What is ZArchiver App?
ZArchiver is an Android app used for compressing and decompressing files. The app works in more than 45 different file extensions including .rar, .zip, .tar, etc.
It lets you compress (zip) files the way you do it on a PC and also decompresses (unzip) files with a password. There are other apps Android that you can use to zip and unzip files and decompress PPSSPP game files before you can play them with the PPSSPP Gold emulator.
By default, the PPSSPP game files downloaded are still in the form of RAR and also cannot be played on the PPSSPP emulator. This happens because files are still in the format of CSO or ISO and need to be compressed into a smaller size.
Compressing your games into RAR files makes them lighter and minimizes data consumption during download.
Now you need to extract the compressed files by unzipping or uncompressing the PPSSPP game.
First, download the ZArchiver app on your Android device on Play Store.
4. Extracting PPSSPP Game With ZArchiver
- Install the Zarchiver app from Google Play Store.
- Open and run the app.
- Locate the game file that is still in RAR format which you want to extract.
- Tap extract directly on the Zarchiver app.
- Wait until the extract process is complete.
- Once the extraction process has been completed, open the extract results and find many files.
- Open the RAR file from the extracted results, then extract the file that is written behind the RAR, such as the b-krchfj.rar file in the image above.
- Then extract the game file to your PSP folder (the extracted file extension must be .iso)
Now that you have extracted the files, let’s move to the next step.
5. Open the PPSSPP emulator and locate the PSP folder and open the game file (.iso)
You can now open the PPSSPP emulator and play your favorite PPSSPP game on your phone device.
How to Download PPSSPP Games On iOS
Using iZip App
- All you need to do first is to download the .rar game directly into your iPhone.
- Use an extractor app like iZip, it is a free app) to get the .iso file,
- Then use the File app (installed by default) to move the .iso file into the PPSSPP folder. You don’t need var or root.
- Then, open the PPSSPP app and clicked on the Home Icon, and select the Documents folder and your game will be there for you to play.
Using Unzip App
- Go to the PPSSPP App site on any of your preferred browsers.
- Tap “Get” to download the PPSSPP App on your iOS device.
- To approve the installation, tap Install.
- Once the PPSSPP app is installed, open it.
- Your iPhone should notify you that you are downloading an app from Untrusted Enterprise Developer, you’ve to grant your phone permission to download the app from the Settings of the iOS device.
How to Download PSP Games on Your iOS
The PPPSSPP app doesn’t come with any game install, so you have to download the games you want to play. To do this:
- Go to CoolROM on the Safari browser.
- Search the games from the CoolROM website, and select the game that you want to download.
- Once you find the game, pap “Download Now“.
- Open the file when the download completes.
- Now, open Unzip option or tap on the “More” button and scroll down.
- Tap on the Zip file to unzip the game file.
- After unzipping open the folder and tap on the game, and tap “Save” to Files.
- Tap on My iPhone, then select the PPSSPP folder.
- Locate the symbol that says “Create New Folder” You can also Create New Folder, with the name Games.
- Your new folder will appear under the PPSSPP folder.
- Open the PPSSPP app on your iOS device and select the Games tab next to Recent.
- Tap on the “Games” folder and select the game you have downloaded.
- Select Tools from the sidebar and tap Developer tools and then change CPU core to IR interpreter.
Best PPSSPP Games Download for Android
1. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
First on our list is Grand Theft Auto (Vice City Stories). It’s a game worth being counted as one of the best PPSSPP games.
GTA was released and it changed the whole scenario of the Gaming world. It came with so many features and possibilities for gamers. The GTA Series is one of the most successful Gaming Series ever.
When it was launched in PSP, it become very popular in the gaming world.
GTA like God of War has Great Graphics, and of course, the freedom to roam anywhere in the city.
Players can ride a bike, car, or tank, fly a plane, or can do anything they want in the game.
Another good thing about this game is that it also comes with a multiplayer mode in which you can play it with your friends.
2. PES 2020
Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) 2020 is now “Efootball PES 2020”. It is available for Android users for free download and you can also find it for game consoles.
PES 2020 ISO is one of the best PPSSPP-PSP Android games that you can download and play via the PSP emulator app. You can download and play it on your Android for free.
It has a PS4 camera and the latest player transfers plus official 2019/2020 team kits and logo. The popular tournaments you can play in PES 20 PPSSPP are the Champions League, Premier League, La Liga, FA Cup, Italian League, German League, Seria A, League 1, World Cup, etc.
This game has the best super HD graphics and game controls + features of the new PES 2020 in this PSP game.
3. God of War — Chains of Olympus
God of War — Chains of Olympus is a popular PPSSPP game with over 5 million user downloads. The game depicts a story of Greek mythology.
Players take the role of Kratos and start playing through the storylines that roles on their screen.
Playing this game in the chains of Olympus franchise, as Kratos, you’ll need to win your enemies with a double-edge chain sword, swim in various rivers to cross to other lands of enemies, and pass through the dark ancient buildings full of horror scenes.
God of War — Chains of Olympus has graphic and on-screen instructions to guide you in various stages.
4. Dragon Ball z – Shin Budokai
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai is one of the best PPSSPP games on this list. In Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai you will find wireless multiplayer combat featuring the most exciting aspects of DBZ combat including melee and ranged attacks, counter-attacks, super high-speed combat, and theft.
It features high-speed wireless multiplayer battles with the most powerful fighters; 18 playable characters, including the fighter Pikkon; a revamped version of the famous “Saiyan Overdrive” combat system; Transformations in play towards more powerful forms; Brand new scene based on the film Janemba; Seven game modes, with exciting mode.
5. God of War: Ghost of Sparta
This game is the best action PPSSPP game taking from its graphic design. It was released in, 2010 by Santa Monica Studio and was published by Sony Entertainment America.
There are currently two versions of God of War available, One is on PSP and on the PS3 console.
God of War was still the trend when Part 1 released God of War 1 in PS2 and it become very popular among young gamers. Then, the sixth opus of “God of War Ghost of Sparta” was released on the PSP platform.
6. Assassin’s Creed -Bloodlines
Assassin’s Creed -Bloodlines is a PPSSP game for gamers who are already captivated by the Assassin’s Creed gameplay. Those with low Android smartphones can download this game as it works well on low-spec devices.
Game Assasins Creed has been very popular since its launch and makes you sadistic and a fast killer in the game.
Playing this game on the PSP emulator you can also play it on an Android phone. The Assassin’s Creed features many series, and this one is the best series on this list.
7. Call Of Duty: Roads To Victory
In this game mode, several missions are available, throughout World War II.
The Call Of Duty – Roads To Victory has 3 campaigns throughout the game: American, Canadian, and British. The American missions are Operation Market Garden, Operation Avalanche, and Operation Detroit.
The Canadian missions are the Battle of the Scheldt, Operation Infatuate, and Operation Blockbuster.
While The British missions are Operation Market Garden and Operation Varsity. Although there is 14 levels total, each takes place during a certain mission from World War II.
This is on how to download and install PPSSPP games using the PPSSPP emulator on your phone including the best Best PPSSPP Games Download for Android. I hope this article helped you, If you have any questions or other suggestions about the games, you use the comment box, and we’ll be glad to respond to you.